turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Primos rocker vest! DO NOT BUY

Started by Dr. Gobbler, March 23, 2018, 06:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Gobbler

I love the company primos but this vest is awful. Had it 3 days and it ripped on the corners. I love the layout but it broke way to easy and I am barely 150. It broke on all my other buddies vests too. I love that style of seat but my bucklick creek was way more durable but I hated the layout. Luckily amazon gave me my money back and I got the last Alps Impact. I am a believer in the seat style because I can sit much longer and more still. The Alps looks really durable. But the layout definitely seems to be a minimalist. I do not carry very many calls at all. But I do carry things like thermacell and clippers.  And I am concerned if all that will fit. But I am willing to cut down on some stuff in order to get a vest that last more than three days. I like the fact that it looks alot less hot  then the Primos vest though.  I just know a lot of people were excited about this vest just as i was. But they have to beef up that stitching  and material. I have heard of way too many people having tons of issues. Even after they supposedly corrected it. I will give review on the Alps I'm excited about it and think it could be the ticket.
"Don't bump him!"- Dad 09-10-1949 to 05-18-2017

Tail Feathers

I used mine once last year I think.  I'll probably break it in the first week this season and go to another.  Dang it, I've had it too long to take it back.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

TauntoHawk

18 hunts in mine last year tears in all 4 stress corner primos wanted me to pay shipping both ways for fix I'm going to stitch and reinforce all corners they layout and seat are great.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

chefrific

There is no such thing as a quality Primos product anymore.  Which is a shame.  Gone the way of other mass producing companies and letting QC go out the window. 
The Primos "Truth" is that they are laughing all the way to the bank.

jk6140

Thanks for the intel. I was just thinking of ordering one. Looks like a solid vest. Guess not. Thanks

TauntoHawk

Quote from: jk6140 on March 27, 2018, 11:49:53 AM
Thanks for the intel. I was just thinking of ordering one. Looks like a solid vest. Guess not. Thanks
The pocket layout and design are phenomenal the stitching is weak. I'd honestly probably one all over again and reinforce the corners from the go  myself just cuz I like the vest Better then others

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

cwb04

After reading all the bad reviews on the Rocker, I opted for the Alps Grand Slam.  I took out the metal frame for hunting here in MS as it's usually not to tough to find a good tree.  When I go to NE or KS I will probably put the kickstand frame back in.  Very easy to take in and out.  Love the setup of the vest as well. A place for everything and everything in it's place.  Great seat cushion - very comfy.  Seems to be high quality and very well constructed.  I would recommend this vest to anyone.

Blackduck

Got the promos rocker vest last year. Agree the stitching appears weak. Thought that before I bought it. 30 hunts later and it's still going strong. Hoping it holds up this spring and many more.