OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Painted soundboard

Started by TauntoHawk, March 23, 2018, 11:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

Would painting on the soundboard change or deaden a call build sound at all. I know call makers have stickers on glass and laser engraving on slate and such not sure I've seen painted sound boards wonder if have much effect at all.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Daddy rat

I haven't seen much change but would think a sticker or feather would have to  change tone some but never tried either just paint them

ChainReactionGC

I use decals, paint, and feathers. Never could tell the difference. Now, if you applied a ridiculously excessive amount of paint, I would assume that would definitely do something to change the sound.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

Thanks I figured if a feather didn't do much paint wouldn't either.

My wife has recently dabbled in painted turkey feathers, which had me thinking it would be cool to have her paint on a soundboard and stick it inside a pot call or two.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mastevt

I paint soundboards all the time.  Have fun with it.  Won't change a bit.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: mastevt on March 23, 2018, 09:11:33 PM
I paint soundboards all the time.  Have fun with it.  Won't change a bit.
Thanks my wife said she's gonna hold them hoatage until I get the house resided I said maybe I don't want them until after turkey season

TauntoHawk

Here is some of the feathers and such she's done think she could do some cool looking soundboards

grayfox

TauntoHawk from the looks of those paintings I'm sure she would do a great job.

zelmo1

rt2bowhunter

Those paintings are awesome. 

compton30

"Dabbled"

Maybe a bit of an understatement. That's unbelievable

TauntoHawk

Appreciate the kind comments she's very talented at most anything she applies herself to that are of a creative or artistic nature. She's working on some really cool pieces for a wounded warrior turkey hunt we participate in coming up in May.

I think it'll be really cool to have a glass or crystal call with a painting on the soundboard.

EZ

Quote from: compton30 on March 28, 2018, 07:59:22 AM
"Dabbled"

Maybe a bit of an understatement. That's unbelievable

I'll say!! She could make some serious extra income with talent like that. Beautiful!

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

billt

your wife is very talented