turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

On the board in South Alabama!

Started by Coop1082, March 22, 2018, 02:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coop1082

He ain't much if we're going off of sheer beard and spur length but my Lord what a hunt this fired up 2 year old gave me! I've been hunting a bird (different bird) for the last 3 days I've been out. We've got pictures of this particular bird on camera and he's a man of a gobbler. Not to mention he's whooped me the last 3 mornings I've tried to get on him. In my infinite hard-headedness I struck out after him again this morning. Not a peep in the woods. Not a gobble, not a cluck, not a yelp, nothing. After pretty well closing up shop after checking our other property and hearing nothing yet again I decided to head back over to where I started the morning and change out some camera cards. At around 10 AM, for giggles I hit the call a few times and this fella pictured liked to have blew me out of my boots. I've heard hot birds before a many a time but nothing like this boy. From the 75-100 yards he was away from me at his initial gobble to the 30 yards he made it to before he wound up with a headache (he was on me in less then 5 minutes) I would be willing to say he gobbled nothing short of 30+ times. Every single gobble was a double or triple and he never let off the gas until I pulled the trigger. He's not the bird I "wanted" but Lord knows I'm not complaining!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019 four time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

[/img]

KYHeadhunter02

Nice story! Congrads buddy.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Happy

Congrats, ain't nothing like an over anxious tom for pure fun.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

Coop1082

CRUSADERS

[/img]

HookedonHooks

uarobert

Congrats on a good kill!
I may be wrong, but the pics make those spurs look just a tad long and curved for a 2 year old.
Either way, I'd much rather have a fun hunt and a good story than a trophy.
Great job!

Coop1082

The picture is doing them a good bit of justice uarobert! They are just barely starting to curve and have a bit of sharpness to them.Obviously I picked the picture that made them look best like any man would do! Lol. He honestly could go either 2 or 3 but at the rate he gobbled his head off and acted, I called him a dumb and fun 2 year old!
CRUSADERS

[/img]

TauntoHawk

Man every now and then the good Lord throws you one just when you think these birds are actually smarter then you are you meet one begging to die.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

culpeper

Good story and even better hunt.  Hey, he's a gobbler and he gave you a great hunt/show, hard to ask for much more.  Congrats!

dublelung

Ain't nothing wrong with that gobbler. Congratulations!

SteelerFan

Coop1082

Thanks a ton fellas! It was certainly a entertaining hunt! Nothing like having one tripping over his feet running in trying to get to you!
CRUSADERS

[/img]