turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dick's heads-up

Started by longislandloco, March 20, 2018, 05:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longislandloco

Was at Dick's today.........Mossberg 835 on sale $299.99, MossyOak Shadow grass camo only, but at that price I couldn't resist. I'm not sure how long the sale will last, also the 535 turkey/waterfowl combo was $399.99.
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

surehuntsalot

congrats on a great deal
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

stinkpickle

I didn't have my reading glasses on, and I thought the topic title was an insult...

owlhoot

jblackburn

lol, dick's heads up and dick's can keep their junk. I'm still 12, apparently
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: jblackburn on March 21, 2018, 09:08:41 PM
Quote from: howl on March 21, 2018, 01:10:54 PM
I wouldn't buy anything from those turncoats. https://www.inquisitr.com/4806658/dicks-sporting-goods-halts-ar-15-sales-ceo-says-we-had-to-do-something/
I wouldn't either and I'm 49 wishing I could be 12 again.. :TooFunny:

owlhoot

Quote from: jblackburn on March 21, 2018, 09:08:41 PM
Well that's fine but they turned their back on the second amendment. Did you read the article ?
Gun channels are being banned on YouTube, oh this sight useing that?
That pistol grip ,adjustable position stock looks awfully intimidating on that turkey (riot gun) ?
Is that a semi-auto shot gun?
Please read the article. Lots of rights under attack right now.

g8rvet

Did not shop there before, but I am done with them.  No matter the deal, I would never buy from them now.  Agree with those that posted that.  If you have not, please read the links.  Vote with our wallets! 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

daddyduke

First let me say that I'm a Proud American who supports the 2nd Amendment. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an  But that being said I think you are being very harsh on Dick's Sporting Goods choice not to sell certain kinds of rifles. I think we live in a Free country that allows us to follow our conscience whether or not people agree with us. Dick's said they believed in 2nd Amendment Rights. I don't believe the Florida tragedy had anything to do with guns but was one bad person acting out while some other people did nothing. Just my  :z-twocents:
P.S.  Walmart also stopped selling assault weapons. So are we done shopping there too?
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

g8rvet

Quote from: daddyduke on March 22, 2018, 01:45:42 PM
First let me say that I'm a Proud American who supports the 2nd Amendment. :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an  But that being said I think you are being very harsh on Dick's Sporting Goods choice not to sell certain kinds of rifles. I think we live in a Free country that allows us to follow our conscience whether or not people agree with us. Dick's said they believed in 2nd Amendment Rights. I don't believe the Florida tragedy had anything to do with guns but was one bad person acting out while some other people did nothing. Just my  :z-twocents:
P.S.  Walmart also stopped selling assault weapons. So are we done shopping there too?

All of what you said is, of course, your rights.  I will not shop at a sporting goods store that bows to public "feel good" pressure, just to pander to the other half of their base.  It is their right to sell whatever they want, as it is my right to not shop there.  Like I said, I am voting with my wallet. I don't feel it is harsh, I feel that they are sending a message, meaning they agree that "black guns" are somehow inherently more dangerous than other guns.  The Assault Weapon ban proved this to be untrue (Columbine shooters used 2 sawed off shotguns and 2 pistols).  You are free to feel and shop as you see fit, but as for me and mine, Dick's is out.

And, yes, I rarely shop at Walmart.  I already shop there as little as I possibly can, but this just means I will shop there even less, although I probably will still be stuck and need something at some point. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

daddyduke

Congrats Longislandlogo on a great gun at a good price!
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

longislandloco

Sorry guys. had no idea of Dick's policy...........but then again Hobby Lobby has their opinion on health care benefits that many disagree with, and they follow their conscience.............And being a senior citizen. well, the title I used never clicked in my head, another senior moment, LOL
"A man ought to have a good shotgun, needn't be an expensive shotgun, just a good shotgun".....Old Moe

BINK McCARTY

Quote from: daddyduke on March 22, 2018, 01:45:42 PM
"Assault weapons"....is this the term they used????? I get so sick of hearing assault weapon this...assault weapon that......assault rifle...BLAH....BLAH.....BLAH.....BLAH...... If I go and stab someone are ALL knives considered assault knives??? Or how about if I drive drunk and run into someone....are we now to refer to them as "ASSAULT CARS"????? I apologize for the rant but i'm getting sick and even more sick of mindless drones referring to AR-15 & M-4 type rifles as  "ASSAULT RIFLES". They are RIFLES......PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yea....CONGRATS ON A GREAT BARGAIN!!!!!