OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Winchester SXP

Started by toypar, March 20, 2018, 05:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toypar

Thinking about getting one. What's everybody thoughts?

Dmason3

Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

I have one. It's a solid gun.  Smooth action, patterns welland has a relatively light weight without bad recoil.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

ditchdigger

Just upgraded from my ole Mossy 835 to a new SXP. Shot it for the first time yesterday with the LB choke and LB #5s. Impressed to say the least.

turkey_picker

I've got one, really like the weight and feel of it. Still working on shells and chokes, so far Hevi-13 3" 2oz #7 through a Trulock #7 choke is putting 162 hits in a 10" at 40 yds.  :anim_25:

Bearhunter247

Quote from: toypar on March 20, 2018, 05:04:30 PM
Thinking about getting one. What's everybody thoughts?
Bought one last year pre turkey season with a hevi shot .664 tube it with put 141 pellets of 3.5 long beard #4s in a 10 inch circle. Pretty tight shooter. Light weight nice gun

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

RiverRoost

I've got the SX3 Longbeard and shooting nitro H518 and rhino .670 choke. 255 in 10"@40. I love the gun and the pistol grip on it.

KentuckyLB

I am also the long beard edition except in a SXP, currently printing 420`s with 2.5 oz #8 TSS out of a 665 IC. at 40 yards. Have a Burris FF3 attached and as previously stated love the pistol grip.