OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Met 2 fine gentleman today

Started by new2turkey, April 19, 2011, 05:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

new2turkey

After alot of looking and trying to find different areas to hunt, I decided to go back to an area that I have full access to about 50 acres...

I found an area commonly traveled by the gobblers, and went looking around, and ran into two older guys, probably in there 60s if not 70s... Great guys... I helped them pick up a sand pit while I was there, and then the 2 older guys showed me their blinds so that I could be aware of them when walking through...

Well, after talking, they had no problem telling me where the turkeys came from, what time, where to set up... etc etc...

Well, right before they left, they told me they'd be hunting a different spot opening morning, and gave me permission to use their blind opening morning...

I am debating on whether or not to use it, and I also built my own blind, but man these are 2 really nice guys...

One of the 2 gentleman gave me all the advice someone could ask for for a new hunter...

Cant wait for the opener  :z-guntootsmiley:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

BOFF

Not sure what a sand pit is, as what I refer to as a sand pit, can't be picked up, unless it's with a track hoe.

God Bless,
David B.

new2turkey

Quote from: BOFF on April 19, 2011, 06:18:31 PM
Not sure what a sand pit is, as what I refer to as a sand pit, can't be picked up, unless it's with a track hoe.

God Bless,
David B.

People shoot here, and trash it....

redarrow

There are some folks running around. Glad you got to meet two good ones. Good luck.

new2turkey

Thank you redarrow, good luck to you as well, if your season hasnt started already

Wrangler95

Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

cannonball

There are some fine folks out there that turkey hunt, I have learned this from being on this site!

Basser69

:anim_25: with your season and glad to hear that you got to meet a couple of the good guys

PANYHunter

That's great.  Good luck to you.  It's always encouraging to hear about good people. 

Spring_Woods

"Was that a gobble?":gobble:

NCTURKEYHUNTER