OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Avian X Decoys leaking

Started by strutter, March 19, 2018, 12:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikeit

I've used a couple for 2 seasons with no issues

Flyinhunter

I was just getting ready to buy an avian-x. May hold off since everyone is having these issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDNduckslayer

Quote from: Flyinhunter on March 20, 2018, 11:09:06 AM
I was just getting ready to buy an avian-x. May hold off since everyone is having these issues.

Don't be another statistic.............just do the right thing, go with the DSD's and be done buying decoys...............lol.

Goodtimekiller

Quote from: CDNduckslayer on March 20, 2018, 01:17:59 PM
Quote from: Flyinhunter on March 20, 2018, 11:09:06 AM

Don't be another statistic.............just do the right thing, go with the DSD's and be done buying decoys...............lol.
Agree

1iagobblergetter

I've heard of to many issues of the Avians leaking. Ill stick with my cheap Carry-Lite collapsibles...

MK M GOBL

I know they do this as a collapsible feature but sure seems to be a problem, we would see a bunch of returns on these every year... 

When I do use decoys DSD and Done!

MK M GOBL

chefrific

I've got both dsd and avian x. My quarter strut Jake avian x has been peppered several times. Still holding up. Can hear pellets rolling around inside it. Had a couple of feeder hens that leak but the green slime worked like a charm for me.
Now I also like my dsd' s. Light and I like the stake system with the o rings better than the avian x system. They are great but they will chip and if you are not careful can crack or break.  All I'm saying is that both are not perfect.
End of the day, I always seem to go with my avian x more than my dsd's

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2eagles

I have 4 AvianX turkey decoys. (I'm not telling how many AX waterfowl decoys I have because my wife might read this.) I don't think my turkeys leak air, but I don't care if they do leak. I'm not gonna dribble them like a basketball anyhow. Blow' up and use them. Don't even have to push the valve back in because they hold shape just fine. Non-issue!

strutter

Thanks I went with the green slime I'll see how it holds up.

Greg Massey

I've got 3 and never had a problem, all you need to do is take care of them...just like your gun or calls...

gotcha

I poured some 2 part polyurethane marine foam(2# density)in them.Go easy with it,it gets crazy.

mtns2hunt

My Avian x (4) have never leaked. I chose them because they are cheaper than DSD. There is nothing wrong with the paint as it is extremely realistic and has never chipped. I have been using them for almost 4 years. In fact I have been getting them ready for the upcoming season (along with the rest of the flock) the past couple days. Early in the season I may use ten to fifteen decoys and my Avian's are always in the front skirmish line. I normally buy one or two on e bay after the season as many hunters seem to get discouraged and sell their calls and decoys real cheap. LOL. Just can't figure our why so many try turkey hunting but give up so easily.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

ChiefBubba

Have a couple of the hens and one leaks air but not really a problem. Pulled the strutter out for an upcoming hunt and stake plug completely blown out. Lol. Well guess I'll see if I can work on it. Bubba

bbcoach

Quote from: ChiefBubba on April 07, 2018, 08:40:16 AM
Have a couple of the hens and one leaks air but not really a problem. Pulled the strutter out for an upcoming hunt and stake plug completely blown out. Lol. Well guess I'll see if I can work on it. Bubba
Bubba, My jake had the same problem, stake plug detached from the bottom.  Easy fix with super glue.  Take a long screwdriver, realign the tube with the bottom plug leaving it retracted slightly.  Put super glue all the way around the bottom plug and push the tube into the bottom plug and leave over night.  Reinflate.  Just fixed mine yesterday and he seems to be holding air nicely.

bbcoach

If you have an Avian X leaking around the screw shank that holds the stake tube on the inside, repair it with super glue.  Release the air pressure from the decoy.  Lay it on it's back, belly up.  Take liquid super glue and deposit 10-15 drops of glue directly in the center of tube on the screw shank.  Leave it belly up overnight to dry.  Reinflate, add a little water in the tube and check for leaks.  Repeat if necessary.  Just repaired a feeding hen that was low on air and the glue took care of the problem.