turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Halloran Crystal - Which One?

Started by jaustinmoore, March 17, 2018, 12:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaustinmoore

I've read a lot of good things about David's crystal pots. This will be my first crystal pot probably of many considering what I've heard about Schaefer's crystals. Which Halloran call would you recommend as best all-round call? Perhaps something that would compliment a Schaefer crystal well.

Crystal Mistress
Twisted Sister
Metal Mouth II

FYI - currently running a Sneed Outlaw Hen

Jroddc

beardhunter87

Can't go wrong with either of them. I have the Mistress(custom Zebrawood) , Twisted Sister, Ceramic, And Sugartown Sweetness. I absolutely love everyone but the Twisted Sister and my Mistress have a great back end and I'd take one of those. He likes slate soundboards so they are raspy, and to me, perfect call to reel in that gobbler :drool: good luck! Can't make a wrong decision on a Twisted or Mistress. I can always make sound files for you if you wanted too

Jbird22

I've had the Twisted Sister and Metal Mouth OG...I still have the MM OG and it's in my vest.

tracker#1

Mistress ....
2x on Sneeds Outlaw

southern_leo

Never ran the Schaeffer crystal but I'll make an assumption it's a good clear crystal with a great front end, which to me is what the CM brings. I love the CM and plan to acquire one this year. The MM2 has a different back end with a strong thump of that makes sense. That's why I opted for the mm2. But like I said I still plan to buy a CM

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

Twisted sister gets my vote. It has a little stronger raspy backend and that's what I look for.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

beardhunter87

Also to add to what I said, Schaffers crystals are top notch but I lean towards the Mahoe Crystal i have 3 for a reason and wouldn't EVER sell one :turkey2:

turkeymanjim

Crystal mistress

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

turkeyinstrut

Footballer

Crystal Mistress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tennessee Lead

Just take your lumps and get all 3...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rufus

troutfisher13111

I prefer the Twisted Sister. With David's two piece dymondwood, purple heart, and hickory strikers I easily get 3 different hens with it. Clean, medium rasp, raspy.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

KYHeadhunter02

CM or the twisted sister. I like the CM sound better. Buy a couple and sell or trade the one you don't like.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk