OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A "hung up" bird

Started by KYHeadhunter02, March 15, 2018, 06:18:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYHeadhunter02

Seen this on Facebook, so its not mine. I had to share it.

But, I guess it's one of those hung up gobblers that just won't come in!

Seriously, what a tragidy and a bad way to go! Says he was almost 20 ft in the tree.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

guesswho

Nature can bite you in the rear at any time, even if your a year round resident.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Kylongspur88

I think I've seen that posted here before?.?.

Sir-diealot

Crazy stuff. I was watching Primos turkey hunting show last night and they were filming and one flew into an electric cable and caught 2 wires and it killed him dead as can be. You could see the spark on camera when it hit.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Happy

Nature can be cruel. Hate to admit it but just watching the discovery channel can make me feel bad. Is that weird?

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

falltoms

I bet that kind of thing happens more than we think, if the birds are flushed off the roost during the night

tha bugman

I remember seeing something similar to this in a place I duck hunt...except it was an owl and his head got stuck in a hole of a tree....we would always say the same thing as we drove by..."Serves him right" as we figured he was diving after a wood duck.  LOL!

g8rvet

I had to do an autopsy of a tagged hen for FWC that found her dead. She was from a county that was closed to turkey hunting at the time.  They thought it looked like an arrow wound.  I looked her over and from the outside it definitely looked like a field tip arrow wound.  On the autopsy, we found a hardwood limb, about the diameter of an arrow, snapped off in her vitals.  When we held her up, it looked just the right angle that she had to have stabbed herself fatally during flydown. I always wondered if she was spooked off the limb or just did not see it at low light levels. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

stinkpickle

Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 15, 2018, 07:16:07 PM
Crazy stuff. I was watching Primos turkey hunting show last night and they were filming and one flew into an electric cable and caught 2 wires and it killed him dead as can be. You could see the spark on camera when it hit.

I saw that episode.  That happened to a buddy of mine a few years back while he was pheasant hunting.  His bird dog flushed a jake, and it zapped itself in the power lines.  His old man had a fall turkey tag with him, so he just slapped it on and threw the bird in the truck.  LOL!

Sir-diealot

Quote from: stinkpickle on March 16, 2018, 02:56:48 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 15, 2018, 07:16:07 PM
I saw that episode.  That happened to a buddy of mine a few years back while he was pheasant hunting.  His bird dog flushed a jake, and it zapped itself in the power lines.  His old man had a fall turkey tag with him, so he just slapped it on and threw the bird in the truck.  LOL!
When opportunity knocks.....
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

1iagobblergetter