OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

does it count ???

Started by saltysenior, March 14, 2018, 04:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TauntoHawk

Birds dead so it counts for filled tag.. I can't find any states with patials

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gobbler428

I think it depends on how you feel about it.  If I called him in and missed the first shot, I would not hesitate to take a second shot running or flying, assuming it was a good percentage killing shot, and I would count it.  But, I can totally understand someone not feeling that way and thus not taking the second shot.  I really think this is an individual decision we each have to make and live with - just my 2 cents!!

saltysenior

I have no qualms about taking a second shot.....The original question concerned being busted by a bird...In a way of thinking he may be dead, but he won the game..

MickT

Ask the turkey if it counts...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fallhnt

Only counts if you "fan" 'em in. All other hunting methods are obsolete.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

richard black

If the tables were turned and it was a gobbler doing the shooting and he missed you with the first shot, you think he wouldn't take another? That's why they don't let turkeys hunt. At least the feathered ones!! 

suburbhunter

Quote from: richard black on March 14, 2018, 07:44:55 PM
If the tables were turned and it was a gobbler doing the shooting and he missed you with the first shot, you think he wouldn't take another? That's why they don't let turkeys hunt. At least the feathered ones!!
This isn't the ole west. Your not considered yella for shooting em in the back. Especially if you already called him in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

I'm under the impression that I'm not personally a purest.  I'm here to kill turkeys by any legal means. I enjoy it too.  However my preferred method is calling one to 25-30 yards and blowing it's head off.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Sir-diealot

Works for me. The only thing I would say is be careful while swinging the gun your shot does not go someplace you do not want it to go, that would be my major concern, especially if hunting public land.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

appalachianassassin

last year I had a big double beard pegged, opening day I went in on hizz little butt. he came right in to the call, gobbled, strutted, and pretty much made a fool of himself (I like to watch :drool:). so after about 5 mins he sees me and becomes airborn. I blew him right out of the sky with no regrets. yes, if you call him to the gun it counts 100%.

zelmo1

You win, lol. Counts every time

kjnengr

Quote from: KentuckyLB on March 14, 2018, 05:33:35 PM
It counts if you think it counts is what matters..

This   ^   

:happy0064:

Everyone has their own set of "rules".  Don't worry about what what us internet trolls think.  Stay true to you. 

GobbleNut

My understanding of the turkey hunting laws is that if you shoot one running away that you don't have to count it against your limit....
same with roost shooting or drive-by's...  at least that's what the guys from Mississippi and Alabama have told me...  ;D :toothy12: :newmascot:

Happy

Same here in Wv. Heck most of the turkey hunters I know in Wv would be down to the fingers on one hand if only allowed to count birds called in and killed legally. Running away is small potatoes.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

tha bugman

If he's riding in the back of my truck after the hunt I would say that it counts! :camohat: