News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Great Weekend

Started by daddylongspurs, April 19, 2011, 10:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddylongspurs

had a great weekend, Golf, Killin Turkeys and fishing with my kids

started out watching weather Friday and Playing Golf with some Clients. it was nice to see the weather blow out and get in the woods Saturday. No gobbling in the tree, but they got cranked up around 0900. 0930 had one on the ground.

he was a good bird 1" spurs and 9.5" beard.

after that my wife made the long drive east and met me to try for a bird. well after a little too much celebrating she didnt make it up sunday. but me and a good buddy did and headed into the river bottom, the river is on a fast rise so we wanted to get in there before the river took it. after not hearing squat in the tree we started Trolling, got a bite around 0830. by 0845 we had these two soggy bottom swamp chickins floppin in the water.

after the pics i snatched up the kids got a box of worms and put a beat down on the bream.

woke up yesterday morning knowing that i had a small window to try em before the wind started blowing like a sack of Fags. not a sound out the tree. heard a bird at 0730 gobbling at a crow but he wouldnt answer me. tried to stay with him, but he shut up. stuck around the area and at 0930 with the wind rippin, and me fixin to call it a day. he answered me and was real close. barely got set up and he was on a mission struttin on in. he ate some #6 lead at 16 yds.

Again I cant say enough about my long weekend. Im headed back out east with the Family for a long easter weekend and might try em inbetween taking the kids to the beach and trying not to get divorced!!

bowhunter84

congrats on an awesome weekend :z-guntootsmiley:

Hognutz

I would say that you had yourself a good weekend. Holy Smokes. That is great. Well done, son..Well done..Mike :you_rock:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

RustySap

Basser69

Sounds like a fantastic weekend!  :icon_thumright:

cannonball

JVA54

:icon_thumright:   Congrats!!

hookedspur

Quote from: zach20065 on April 19, 2011, 10:48:49 AM
Awesome post and an aweomse weekend for sure!! Congrats man!
:agreed: :toothy12:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

daddylongspurs

Thanks for the comments

spitndrum

Ol'Mossy

Awesome birds, great pics and stories

BOFF

WOWZERS what a weekend!!

I'm tired and I wasn't even in it!! But it reads like it was worth every minute, and every minute was well spent !!

Congrats!!!

God Bless,
David B.

socalturkeyman

Sounds like a Blast and Cast weekend full of Fun! Congrats on some nice birds!!! :you_rock: :z-guntootsmiley:
A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

Wrangler95

:z-guntootsmiley:

Very nice gobbler,congrats!!!
Give Thanks Unto The Lord,For He Is Good,His Love Endures Forever!

njdevilsb

Awesome weekend.  Congrats all around.