turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Knight and Hale- Umbrella blind

Started by tha bugman, March 13, 2018, 11:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tha bugman

Checked one out this morning at Wally World...seems like it would be a great one to set kids behind so they could watch the action without having to haul a ground blind and chairs in....anybody used one yet?

old3toe

Hmm I might check these out. What kind of fabric was it made out of and how small? Might come in handy on those surprise showers or storms! Just flip it over your head till it stops.

tha bugman

Quote from: old3toe on March 13, 2018, 11:08:13 PM
Hmm I might check these out. What kind of fabric was it made out of and how small? Might come in handy on those surprise showers or storms! Just flip it over your head till it stops.
I was thinking the same thing.  The fabric feels like umbrella fabric.  It has three shooting holes in it but they are closed by magnets, I bet they would be sufficient in a light rain but definitely not in a downpour.

penna shooter

I like it...any cheaper than wally world???
Amazon???
Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.

tha bugman

:z-winnersmiley:
Quote from: penna shooter on March 15, 2018, 03:15:14 PM
I like it...any cheaper than wally world???
Amazon???
Have not seen it anywhere else.  They were $20 at the convention.  I wished I had thought about it then, but they are $29 at Wal-Mart.  I picked one up at lunch.  I am going to take it home and see how it works with the kids. Plus I got my receipt so if it doesn't I can always return it.  Probably will do a review video and post it up.

TauntoHawk

I saw those wasn't sure how real world useful the little shoot windows would be in theory they sound great but If you can't see out them very well are you going to be Bob and weaving your head all over trying to see out the little holes in the timber. Just a thought no actual experience

I always try and look at these types of things for youth or vet hunts I guide where it's rough keeping people still enough but I'm not willing to drag a pop up around the woods.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tha bugman

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 15, 2018, 03:58:30 PM
I saw those wasn't sure how real world useful the little shoot windows would be in theory they sound great but If you can't see out them very well are you going to be Bob and weaving your head all over trying to see out the little holes in the timber. Just a thought no actual experience

I always try and look at these types of things for youth or vet hunts I guide where it's rough keeping people still enough but I'm not willing to drag a pop up around the woods.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Yeah I took it out of the box at Wal-Mart sat down at the register and popped it open and told my lil'poul "ain't no way I am sticking my gun out one of those little holes"....she responds..."yeah what if he moves on you?"  I say..."well I reckon I could kinda take it by the handle and try to inch it over..." she responds....  "he gonna see you trying to get it situated" :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

old3toe

I looked at them online. Seems very portable. I was thinking about one to use with my little boy too. Might shed a little rain too like you said. I also ran across the blind called the throw down blind by ameristep. I've never seen one of those either. Looks perfect for hunting with a youngster.

tha bugman

Tail Feathers

Quote from: tha bugman on March 16, 2018, 11:06:38 AM
Here is a short review that I did yesterday...

https://youtu.be/txTE6JEeG8w
Nicely done.  You have a cute helper there. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

tha bugman

Quote from: Tail Feathers on March 16, 2018, 11:14:55 AM
Quote from: tha bugman on March 16, 2018, 11:06:38 AM
Here is a short review that I did yesterday...

https://youtu.be/txTE6JEeG8w
Nicely done.  You have a cute helper there. :icon_thumright:
Ha!  She is very patient to work with dad on his foolishness. ;D

mightyjoeyoung

I'd like to see that handle reversed honestly.  Thinking if you move a foot and bump the thing, the whole deal will shake like a dog crappin peach seeds.  Also,  the HUGE disparity in pricing!  $29-$75???  Smh
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

tha bugman

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 16, 2018, 11:54:29 AM
I'd like to see that handle reversed honestly.  Thinking if you move a foot and bump the thing, the whole deal will shake like a dog crappin peach seeds.  Also,  the HUGE disparity in pricing!  $29-$75???  Smh
I thought about devising a prop stick for it to shore it up a bit.  Dang!  Thats crazy on the price thing!!! :o