turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Apex Update

Started by ThunderChickenGetter, March 12, 2018, 10:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BottomLand54

I bought 20 boxes of 10 gauge figured that will last me 3 years with all the birds I kill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

owlhoot

Quote from: old3toe on March 13, 2018, 10:54:57 PM
Haha some guys on Fb posted they bought six or eight boxes of tss 20's and one guy said he bought some 12's too but wasn't sure why basically! Just like everything else if you think you can't have it or get it then you want it even more! Hope this don't carry over to the lead shells at wal mart and academy!!????

Carry over to lead shells? Doubtful.

owlhoot

Quote from: BottomLand54 on March 14, 2018, 10:35:34 AM
I bought 20 boxes of 10 gauge figured that will last me 3 years with all the birds I kill

You ain't sposede to choot blue jay and black bird dere bottoms  :OGani:

Fieldturkey

I want to see pictures of the blown barrels

goblr77

I was lucky enough to get a few boxes of 12's and 20's in my cart and check out in time yesterday. No telling when they'll show up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Deast1988

Deast1988

Self destruction in magazine and a blown barrel. Nitro has had issues for high pressure for years but Apex seems like with the demand QC has dropped and multiple explosions have been happening fairly quick.

buzzardroost

I hope we don't see a lot of injuries this spring.

Fieldturkey

Deast1988

I've heard of 5 barrels but only seen 2. Both cases I saw was the small town blend. But Apex wouldn't have recalled some if they knew something wasn't right. Either way with so much demand, one cut corner could result in bad things. Nitro has been out for years and you occasionally hear of issues. Apex is new and having so many so quick I'd be nervous. Especially if they sold so much yesterday, just seems problematic trying to meet such high demands under such shortages.

BottomLand54

i am getting concerned about it as well, i dont know if i would buy anymore ok im going a getting all longbeard 20 gauge i can find because before you know it its all gone

BottomLand54

i have 3 boxes of gt-20 20 gauge  3" 15/8 oz 9s i will sale for 70.00 a box if anyone wants any

Fullfan

Quote from: BottomLand54 on March 14, 2018, 02:51:21 PM
i have 3 boxes of gt-20 20 gauge  3" 15/8 oz 9s i will sale for 70.00 a box if anyone wants any

LOL good one
Don't gobble at me...

silvestris

I yearn for the old days when I shot Winchester XX Magnums and Fderal Preminums,  killed turkelys and worried only how I was going to get him inside 30 yards.  Those were the days.
"[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer."  Ken Morgan, "Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

the Ward

Quote from: Fullfan on March 14, 2018, 03:53:59 PM
Quote from: BottomLand54 on March 14, 2018, 02:51:21 PM

LOL good one
He really did put it up for sale. I just saw it in the turkey ammo for sale forum, lol.