only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Green Slate Question

Started by fordhunt, March 12, 2018, 09:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wcerin

Quote from: PALongspur on March 13, 2018, 11:03:52 AM
Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on March 12, 2018, 09:17:12 PM
The green slate seems to be a game changer. I own a halloran and bullet tree from Lon and I like Lon's better. Who was the first to start using green slate? Is it going to be around long?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
v

Bill Zearing started using it a good while (10 years?) ago.

Yes!! I love my Woodsman DD Slate!
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."

vt35mag

Quote from: TauntoHawk on March 12, 2018, 08:33:47 PM
What's the soundboard on the Roberts

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

glass

jordanz7935

Bill Zearing started using it a good while (10 years?) ago.
[/quote]

Yes!! I love my Woodsman DD Slate!
[/quote]

X2!! Love my Drop Dead Woodsman slate! And that would be my suggestion but sounds like you already have some good ones on the way. The green slate surface really shines in the woods plays super consistant, needs less conditioning, and is more "forgiving" in humid conditions than regular slate, IMO.

yelpy

Can't wait for the Cody drop dead to show up tomorrow. I had the Halloran green slate and Roberts in cedar 2 sider I just sent out in a trades. Both are great sounding calls. Got a Blackstone green slate ordered.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

sbbow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raven105

Quote from: sbbow on March 15, 2018, 09:12:54 AM

I just got this same exact call in the mail today and I'm blown away. It's my first Blackstone call and my first green slate and it's a lead off hitter for sure. This is an outstanding call!

yelpy

Quote from: raven105 on March 16, 2018, 01:04:51 AM
Quote from: sbbow on March 15, 2018, 09:12:54 AM

I just got this same exact call in the mail today and I'm blown away. It's my first Blackstone call and my first green slate and it's a lead off hitter for sure. This is an outstanding call!

Just got mine too. A little higher pitched than I like for a slate but man it runs well. Also got the Drop Dead Cody slate which is a dandy pot.

yelpy

Quote from: Ol Yelper on March 12, 2018, 07:37:03 PM
The Brad Roberts Green Slate in Cedar is the one you want. It is very very good!
Man the one I had was a 2 sided pot. Sounded great I just couldn't run it loud and soft with a consistent yelp.

Tom Dooley

I just bought a Mark Corneiious cherry green slate of of here. I cannot believe how awesome this call is.

yelpy

Quote from: Tom Dooley on March 19, 2018, 05:02:15 PM
I just bought a Mark Corneiious cherry green slate of of here. I cannot believe how awesome this call is.
That will be my next pot in green slate if I get another one.

BTH

Got a Sinclair green slate heading my way in a purple heart pot. John was more than helpful with some advice on different woods and soundboards to help me with the sound I am looking for.
Phil 4:13

southern_leo

Quote from: BTH on March 19, 2018, 10:44:35 PM
Got a Sinclair green slate heading my way in a purple heart pot. John was more than helpful with some advice on different woods and soundboards to help me with the sound I am looking for.
Does he do his waterproofing on the green slate?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BTH

I am not sure if he does or not. It's my first purchase from him. He has been very responsive by emails and a pleasure to deal with.
Phil 4:13

JLH

Quote from: southern_leo on March 19, 2018, 10:47:59 PM
Quote from: BTH on March 19, 2018, 10:44:35 PM
Does he do his waterproofing on the green slate?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yep...he can do that to the green slate on request.