OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Green Slate Question

Started by fordhunt, March 12, 2018, 09:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fordhunt

So I'm going to buy a green slate which one to buy ... Halloran or lonzos .. both good calls . anyone for a comment .

chuckward

Dustin Jones or Mark Cornelius In a walnut pot

vt35mag

Brad Roberts green slate in a cedar pot is a smoker.  As this pot gets into more guys hands, I bet you will hear lot more about it on here. Never was much for slate, but this one totally changed my mind.

I own/did own the MAC, Blackstone, and Halloran green slates.

fordhunt

Quote from: vt35mag on March 12, 2018, 10:10:30 AM
Brad Roberts green slate in a cedar pot is a smoker.  As this pot gets into more guys hands, I bet you will hear lot more about it on here. Never was much for slate, but this one totally changed my mind.

I ran a halloran green slate the other day and loved it ..

Spitten and drummen

This right here. I like it better than my Blackstone. However I do have one in bulletwood coming from Lon. My Roberts cedar is in my vest.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

outdoors

John Sinclair makes a really nice one
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

BABS9

I love my Halloran green slate it will be in my best. I also have a Strawser Padauk green slate coming and a Cornelius Walnut on order.

fordhunt

Well i bought a halloran and im getting Lon to make me one in the bullet tree wood

southern_leo

How much does brad run for his green slate?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

vt35mag

Quote from: southern_leo on March 12, 2018, 04:18:31 PM

How much does brad run for his green slate?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
It was $82-85 shipped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Ol Yelper

The Brad Roberts Green Slate in Cedar is the one you want. It is very very good!

TauntoHawk

What's the soundboard on the Roberts

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

merriamsman

I have a Sinclair green slate over glass in a Kingwood pot that looks and sounds great.

KYHeadhunter02

The green slate seems to be a game changer. I own a halloran and bullet tree from Lon and I like Lon's better. Who was the first to start using green slate? Is it going to be around long?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

PALongspur

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on March 12, 2018, 09:17:12 PM
The green slate seems to be a game changer. I own a halloran and bullet tree from Lon and I like Lon's better. Who was the first to start using green slate? Is it going to be around long?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
v

Bill Zearing started using it a good while (10 years?) ago.