turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My daughters quest for her Grand Slam is complete

Started by 3seasons, March 11, 2018, 11:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3seasons

Georgia finished her final leg of her Gand Slam this morning in Florida. I was a wild morning. We had 7 birds gobbling on the roost but they were deep in the woods on another property and went the other way when they hit the ground.  We moved to another property and got on 2 more strutters and some Jakes but they didn't like the decoys at all. So we  went to another 2000 acre track and got on a strutter and 20hens. We left him after a while of trying to compete with way to many hens and while  waking down a lane on the edge of a one year old cutover we called and thought we heard a gobble way off.  Shawn made a call just before waking around a bend in the road and then just dropped everything and told Georgia to get ready. There was two gobblers strutting coming to his call but they were silent and he caught a glimpse of ones fan through the briars.  He told Georgia to get in close and when he laid down kill him.  Me and my Dad hit the bushes then Shawn and Georgia started crawling the few feet to the bend, he had a fan, and he just hits the dirt and the bird is literally 8ft away and bowed up coming at them.   She rolls him and he wobbled around and she finished him off with another shot.  Waaaayyyy to close lol.
The Good Lord really blessed us with a great hunt.
9.5" beard
1.25" hooks
20lbs

CtRider

Turkz39

zelmo1

CDNduckslayer

That is just awesome!! Congrats to Georgia and yourself on completing the slam, a dream for many a grown man!

Greg Massey

Congrats , from all of us in Tennessee... great job young lady.....

harleytom

jmart241

tanna114

Awesome, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suburbhunter

Gobble!

captpete

A great accomplishment for such a young lady...CONGRATS!!!!!!!! :z-guntootsmiley:

TJK68