OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What striker you running on your Cody slate?

Started by yelpy, March 11, 2018, 12:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yelpy

I have a Woodsman and I am hoping to have a Woodsman DD series. Just wandering what is your favorite striker to use on these 2 slates? I have hard time with the hickory striker that came with the Woodsman so I been using a 2 piece diamondwood.

Bowguy

The old hickory striker was heavier and worked awesome. A buddy of mine bought the new one and it's not the same

PALongspur

Both of my Spec 1's and my World Class came with bocote in addition to hickory. I like the bocote alot better regardless of surface.

outdoors

I have another two PEICE striker that sounds a lot better
The striker end is a dark dymondwood, maple top
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Spitten and drummen

I been running a Purple Heart , a Osage and a yellowheart on my world class and spec 1
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

wcerin

I have a Woodsman DD Slate and it runs great with the carbon striker that they send with it. It also runs great with a Grenadillo striker I have from Brad Roberts.
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."

yelpy

wcerin

My Fowler Ipe also sounds very well on the Woodsman DD Slate
"Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, & some don't turn up at all."

stewdawg

Just picked up a Woodsman slate new and the striker left much to be desired I thought. The older striker I had that came with a Cody II I have runs it great. Glad it wasn't just me lol. I have a Sinclair Bubinga one piece sounds good.

yelpy

Got a DD slate on the way.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk