OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Green slate, gray slate, red slate ?

Started by idgobble, March 09, 2018, 01:15:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoors

Quote from: merriamsman on March 09, 2018, 05:01:34 PM
John Sinclair makes both red and green slate calls. I just got one of his green slates and it is outstanding - it went right into my vest, and I have a bunch of custom calls.
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

cphill

Quote from: ddturkeyhunter on March 10, 2018, 09:28:53 AM
Quote from: cphill on March 09, 2018, 02:50:08 PM
I second that Matt McLain I got one of his red slate with a Holly pot sweet call
So how would you compair the sound on a Red slate to any other ones.
...it has a different tone I ain't saying higher or lower just different from any other grey slate I have

Sx4

Quote from: outdoors on March 10, 2018, 09:49:07 AM
Quote from: merriamsman on March 09, 2018, 05:01:34 PM
John Sinclair makes both red and green slate calls. I just got one of his green slates and it is outstanding - it went right into my vest, and I have a bunch of custom calls.
X3
Green slate cocobolo

joeturkey

Gibstar made by Gilbert ott  don't know if he is still making calls but if you find one get it I have a few one red slate  and  green and  mulity  colored slate some of the wood pot are made out of wild plum  and Osage Orange wood  .

joeturkey

Quote from: joeturkey on March 18, 2018, 07:46:39 AM
Gibstar made by Gilbert ott  don't know if he is still making calls but if you find one get it I have a few one red slate  and  green and  mulity  colored slate some of the wood pot are made out of wild plum  and Osage Orange wood  .

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

1iagobblergetter

That multicolor slate is neat looking. How's it sound?

joeturkey

Surprisingly  good  with a  wild plum striker  and  diamond  wood all his red and  green slate are very good the mulity colored slate  is in a koa wood pot