OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Federal Heavyweight

Started by TallTimberGabriel, March 08, 2018, 07:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TallTimberGabriel

So I'm now realizing I picked a bad year to get into the 20 gauge and TSS game. Today in the wake of The Great TSS Shortage of 2018 I scored a small win. Found two boxes of these puppies at a local mom and pop gun shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

buzzardroost

I'd like to find some
Myself

Goodtimekiller

Quote from: TallTimberGabriel on March 08, 2018, 07:50:38 PM
So I'm now realizing I picked a bad year to get into the 20 gauge and TSS game. Today in the wake of The Great TSS Shortage of 2018 I scored a small win. Found two boxes of these puppies at a local mom and pop gun shop.

I think rogers had all their heavyweight marked down 1/2 price a few weeks ago

g8rvet

Good find. 

My 870 loved the old Remington Hevi #6.  About 3-4 years after it was discontinued, I found 2 10 round boxes at a local hardware.  Bought them.  Next time I was in I found 2 more in #5.  Bought them and asked if they had any more.  Only had #4.  I told them if they were cheap enough I would shoot them at Canada geese, but they are still sitting there last time I was in. 
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

WW

I think I have 8 or 9 boxes of them. Probably won't shoot them all as tss is on the market now...

taylorjones20

Rogers has the 20ga #6 for $16.99 if you buy 3 or more.  They have 12ga in 5, 6, 7 for $19.99 if you buy 3 or more.
Alive only by the Grace Of God

chatterbox

It's very frustrating that Federal discontinued the Heviweight.
It would've been one thing if they could've kept up with the demand for the TSS, thus offering a superior product to the Heviweight, but they can't meet demand, so those of us that shot the Heviweight are now trying to find viable options for our 20 gauge guns.
I'm not opposed to paying the price for TSS, but I can't get the chance, because everyone that carries them is out of stock with no viable release date! :character0029: :character0029: :character0029: