OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Champin' at the bit  (Read 2444 times)

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
Champin' at the bit
« on: March 08, 2018, 10:43:35 AM »
Today is opening day for yutes to take out after turkeys in Mississippi. I am expecting a wave of photos showing young whippersnappers grinning over the symbol of their transition from booger-eating knuckleheads to seasoned hunters with nerves of chrome-vanadium steel.

This means one other thing, the general season opens in a week. Much of Alabama and all of Mississippi will be slinging gravel out of their driveways at 4:00 in the morning on their way to the turkey woods. Your humble Captain will be one of the hungry horde aching for a one-on-one encounter with a gobbling Harvey Weinstein making the moves on that sweet talking feathered starlet who is right over here somewhere just begging for a role in the next Tom Cruise movie. 'Ello my pigeon.' I trust that the last thing to go through his mind will be #7 Heavyweights, compliments of me.

I hope that my MS/AL team mates are locked and loaded and ready to sling gravel.

Be Safe, Have Fun, Kill Gobblers.

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 11:36:30 AM by FullChoke »

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline cramerhunts

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Champin' at the bit
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 12:03:20 AM »
Oh how the excitement is building. It’s getting closer every day! Good luck, be safe, and shoot straight!

Offline xarcher

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 07:08:03 PM »
 Snowing here today.....   :'( :'( :'(

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Offline paintbrush

• Longbeard
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 02:28:36 PM »
Saw my first strutter today here in MN! We have 12 to 15 of the snow on the ground, but it is 43 and sunny so the toms are getting in the right mood. Still a month out till the first season opener up here yet.