turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

TSS SHORTAGE

Started by BottomLand54, March 07, 2018, 10:13:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BottomLand54

I remember awhile back there was a thread and do not know where it is, however there was a fellor I think it was Greg Massey said we may see a shortage of TSS with the new high demand of these manufactures starting to mass produce TSS shells to the consumer.

We should have listened to Ol Greg Massey, instead of making fun of him. Maybe all you guys who have all this tss bought up could sale some to these manufactures so they can make us some shells up! :funnyturkey:

Now APEX, NITRO, and FEDERAL are all having a problem getting TSS to load the rounds for us to buy.

I have never seen such a demand for shells as there is today, its almost like the demand for .22 bullets a few years back.

What is all of your input on this?

Did the companies jump the gun and not buy enough inventory?

buzzardroost

I wouldn't be so ticked if Federal hadn't of discontinued the HW 7's. It was marketed like it was no big deal, just get TSS, but you can't find TSS and HW is discontinued so yeah.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gobble!

Makes sense. The shot is only manufactured in China, that I know of. My thought was a company like Federal would have a reliable source and wouldn't run into a supply issue but it looks like I was wrong. TSS prices for handloaders has already gone up since December. I'm going to stock up in August and hope I can get it at a decent price. My guess is it's only going to go up.

owlhoot

Tell Federal to quit wasting the shot in those 3rd degree loads  :anim_25:

Gooserbat

Happens every year about this time.  China has like a two week Holliday in February so it stops production and shipping.  The thing is to buy early.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

dirt road ninja

Hal out? Bought a few pounds last month.

oleman59

those copper coated lead shot work fine ( ALL THIS BS ABOUT KILLING TURKEYS A 60YDS WILL CAUSE ALOT TURKEYS TO BE CRIPPLED UP AND LEFT FOR VARMINTS TO EAT LEARN TO CALL HIM UP AT LEAST TO 40YDS IF CAN,T GETTEM IN THAT CLOSE ALWAYS ANOTHER DAY AND TIME

Happy

I never stopped to think about it much. Apex has been selling for over a year and there was plenty of opportunity to get their ammo before now. Same for nitro. Federal is the only one who just brought their offering to the table. So to be blunt I don't feel like anyone should be crying because they waited till the last second. Common sense says if you know you are going to use something to buy it well ahead of time before the rush.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Gobble!

Quote from: Happy on March 08, 2018, 06:06:25 AM
I never stopped to think about it much. Apex has been selling for over a year and there was plenty of opportunity to get their ammo before now. Same for nitro. Federal is the only one who just brought their offering to the table. So to be blunt I don't feel like anyone should be crying because they waited till the last second. Common sense says if you know you are going to use something to buy it well ahead of time before the rush.

100%. You see a lot of last minute buyers complaining on Nitros FB page.

davisd9

My guy is getting some on hand in the next week of so and I have plenty at the house.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

mahifishn

Quote from: dirt road ninja on March 08, 2018, 05:45:58 AM
Hal out? Bought a few pounds last month.

Yes, out of #9's anyways.

bbcoach

Quote from: oleman59 on March 08, 2018, 05:57:01 AM
those copper coated lead shot work fine ( ALL THIS BS ABOUT KILLING TURKEYS A 60YDS WILL CAUSE ALOT TURKEYS TO BE CRIPPLED UP AND LEFT FOR VARMINTS TO EAT LEARN TO CALL HIM UP AT LEAST TO 40YDS IF CAN,T GETTEM IN THAT CLOSE ALWAYS ANOTHER DAY AND TIME
Another Old Man TOTALLY AGREES!!!  I can't wrap my head around this 12 gauge TSS movement.  I can not believe people BLOW $10-$12 a pop on a shotgun shell to kill a bird.  More Money than Common Sense IMO!  Too many shells out there that will get the job done for a whole lot less.   

BottomLand54

Quote from: bbcoach on March 08, 2018, 07:19:43 AM
Quote from: oleman59 on March 08, 2018, 05:57:01 AM
Another Old Man TOTALLY AGREES!!!  I can't wrap my head around this 12 gauge TSS movement.  I can not believe people BLOW $10-$12 a pop on a shotgun shell to kill a bird.  More Money than Common Sense IMO!  Too many shells out there that will get the job done for a whole lot less.   
I have plenty of tss both for 12 gauge and 20 gauge. I wish I would have never wasted my money on it for my 12 gauge it is way too much overkill it's almost just a pure waste in my opinion. Now for the .410 and the 20 gauge it's awesome. I ordered my stuff earlier on and I do agree with happy on the fact we should be prepared earlier before season gets here. My thing is that's no excuse for ammo company's that promote such a new product and discontinue their already popular cheaper loads, and then can't even produce the new loads they have promoted for so long. I am blessed and have Federal, and Apex Tss shells. I doubt I will ever buy from Nitro due to their extremely poor customer service.

What's next I bet we see a dramatic price increase on tss and long wait times to get any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobspur

Since federal started marketing this year, its the "newest, greatest" thing...so simply demand effecting supply.  I've got some I'm going to shoot, but with that said.  I don't recall not being able to kill a turkey with lead in all the years past.....

deerhunt1988

Quote from: BottomLand54 on March 08, 2018, 07:37:06 AM
I am blessed and have Federal, and Apex Tss shells.

Nothing against you at all, but seriously? 'Blessed' to have tungsten shells?

Wow.Saddens me turkey hunting has come to this. And yes, I handload TSS myself, but I would never say I'm 'blessed' because of it. I'd be ecstatic if we could make this TSS craze disappear and have everyone go back to shooting 12-13g/cc shot or even just lead.

Once again, nothing against you. Just needed to rant.