Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Rem chokes on a Winchester shotgun, sound crazy?

Started by SinGin, March 07, 2018, 09:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinGin

So I bought a Winchester 1400 20 gauge a few years ago and really like the gun. I would like to chop about 8 inches a rethread for chokes,gunsmith said the walls are thick enough. Seems like I can find Remington chokes easier than Winchester and thought I would have him rethread for Rem chokes. Sound stupid, any thoughts? Thanks Sam

LaLongbeard

Id probably do the same because of the reasons you mentioned.More options of chokes with Remington
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Yoder409

Lotsa 30's Ford streetrods running around with V-8 Chevy engines in 'em...........................
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

RAJ

Not a problem if he has the rem choke threads. Many are only able to thread in other thread patterns. The one I would prefer is the invector choke thread as it covers many guns.

SinGin

Quote from: RAJ on March 07, 2018, 09:37:46 PM
Not a problem if he has the rem choke threads. Many are only able to thread in other thread patterns. The one I would prefer is the invector choke thread as it covers many guns.

I never thought of that. I would just want a mod and a turkey choke. My gunsmith does have the cutters for the rem chokes

bbcoach

My question is HOW LONG is this barrel?  8 inches seems like a lot to cut off.  30 inch full choke barrel???

SinGin

I like em short, like my women. Probably closer to 5-6 inch's is wha I would actually cut off