OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Ready to roll!!!  (Read 2175 times)

Offline Big Jeremy

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
Ready to roll!!!
« on: March 07, 2018, 10:41:59 AM »
It's like the old adage, "a watched pot never boils"!!! Seems like the season ain't ever gonna get here! I was able to go out and try some different chokes yesterday out of my new turkey gun. I already had a pattern that I was content with, but had purchased a couple of different chokes over the winter months, and finally got around to trying them yesterday. (Posted in the Remington 12 ga. pattern pics board.)

I really like what I have with the Sumtoy .660 and Hevi-Shot Magblends out of my 23" barreled 870 Super Mag. Thankfully POA/POI was the same as the factory full turkey choke that was in it. The Jellyhead I tried threw center pattern about 3" low, and 2" right. The Sumtoy will be staying screwed in!

Offline dublelung

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Ready to roll!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 07:47:18 PM »
Dangit man that's gonna do the trick. Nice even pattern, just need a willing longbeard!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 10:12:12 AM by dublelung »

Offline nickhrp

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Gobble gobble
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 09:51:03 AM »
I got to pattern my little girls new mossy going to try it with factory full and got a Carlson extended turkey choke .575 just in case was wanting to try the hevi blends till i seen the price so going to try double xx and xr hopefully find a good combo
God Bless the Outdoors

Offline MISSISSIPPI Double beard

• 2023 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 03:07:47 PM »
Nice pattern, good luck!
They call him...Kenny..Kenny