turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

West/Northwest Nebraska

Started by jakesdad, March 05, 2018, 04:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakesdad

Those of you that have hunted in Western/northwestern Nebraska what time of the season do you go? We were thinking early to mid May time frame. Just wondering if this was a good time to go. Thanks

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

hobbes

Traveling is always a gamble in the spring anywhere that you go, but the West throws in the possibility of snow.  I think any time that you can go is a good time to plan a hunt, but my preference would be May.

Yoder409

I'll be in that area the first two weeks of May.  Went for the opening week in April one time.   NEVER AGAIN !!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

fallhnt

Been there in March and April. Birds are flocked up for the most part on cattle ranches. You should be good in May. Be safe

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

TauntoHawk

Went opening weekend last year had great weather but birds were still in massive winter flocks but to go another time I'd have to give up part of the season in other states I hunt so opener it is

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

NorfolkHunter

Quote from: jakesdad on March 05, 2018, 04:47:35 PM
Those of you that have hunted in Western/northwestern Nebraska what time of the season do you go? We were thinking early to mid May time frame. Just wondering if this was a good time to go. Thanks
Hunted NW Nebraska the first week of April, last year. That is the archery season. The weather can be very unpredictable.  Snow, wind, rain and sun we saw it all. Loved the area and would recommend anytime of the season. It's all about the experience.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk