turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Nor'easter in NY

Started by turkaholic, March 05, 2018, 07:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkaholic

My hunting grounds in and around Cobleskill NY got around 40" of snow this weekend. My camp is buried and you can't get to it yet. Just when my blood was beginning to boil with excitement for Turk season. In like a lion, out like lamb, I hope. Many years I've rolled in to NY in May to see big snow piles still around. THINK SPRING!
live to hunt hunt to live

TauntoHawk

Yeah I do lot of hunting down around between Windham and Coxsackie and heard Windham got like 30". Still lots of time to melt, most years I'm hunting turkeys and can still see snow on the slopes at Windham.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bowhunter123224

Still has a lot of time to melt. But down here in PA our season comes in so late for our area and climate that by the time our season gets here its so thick and green you couldn't see any snow if it all wasn't long gone by tax day!

Sir-diealot

I am about 2 hours Southwest of you and we only got about 8-10 inches, I imagine it is a nightmare getting around there.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

nyhunter

I feel your pain, only bright spot is it's not gonna stay around for 4 month, were on the down hill slope now this is only a minor set back, best medicine I found for this is an outta state hunt down south somewhere, my son and a hunting buddy have already made plans were headed to Virginia this year.

callmakerman

18" here in CNY and two more storms coming in this week. It was all but gone last week at this time. Not good this late in the season.

troutfisher13111

We only got about 12" here in Oswego county

TauntoHawk

More coming this week.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bowguy

I'm right at the border of Orange Co. More south but we still have snow w more coming. When I was younger I thought Florida was God's waiting room. Now I think it's a good idea

1iagobblergetter

Hope everyone is doing alright and it's subsiding. I heard today quite a few people are without power. Hope they regain it quickly for everyone that doesn't have it.

lmbhngr

Jobofly

It just missed us here in Broome county. I can't wait to start scouting at the end of March

turkaholic

How deep is it now after this last storm? We got almost a foot in CT. Another storm on Monday
live to hunt hunt to live

CtRider

Quote from: turkaholic on March 09, 2018, 07:29:39 AM
How deep is it now after this last storm? We got almost a foot in CT. Another storm on Monday
Same here in my area of CT - howdy to a fellow CT hunter

zelmo1

15" in south central/eastern NH