turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Metal Mouth 2 v. Crystal Mistress

Started by Footballer, March 04, 2018, 06:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footballer

I played both calls in this video for a comparison. Honestly, neither call is distinctly different from the other. Both are powerful, hard-hitting calls. The MM2 is slightly lower toned and has a touch more rasp. Both are killers!

https://youtu.be/oGPsfdd8KSQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spitten and drummen

They both sound good. I like the clucks and cutting on the mistress and the backend on the yelp on the mm2. My twisted sister and crystal mistress are both killers and I believe my mm2 will be also. Can't wait to get mine in
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

Footballer

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 04, 2018, 07:11:49 PM
They both sound good. I like the clucks and cutting on the mistress and the backend on the yelp on the mm2. My twisted sister and crystal mistress are both killers and I believe my mm2 will be also. Can't wait to get mine in

My thoughts exactly. There's no doubt the MM2 is a top notch call and will kill birds.

Footballer

Quote from: MDTOM84 on March 04, 2018, 06:39:49 PM
Both sound great but to my ear the MMll is a little bit better.

I'm still on the fence. I'll have to let the gobblers decide for me

KentuckyHeadhunter

Both sound like reapers to me.  You can sure run a pot call.  I think in this case the caller wins, not necessarily the call. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Daveb

Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on March 04, 2018, 08:28:09 PM
Both sound like reapers to me.  You can sure run a pot call.  I think in this case the caller wins, not necessarily the call.

Agreed. And in bare feet to boot!

Footballer

Thanks guys! Bare feet is known to enhance one's ability to run a pot call

yelpy

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 04, 2018, 07:11:49 PM
They both sound good. I like the clucks and cutting on the mistress and the backend on the yelp on the mm2.

That makes 2 of us.

Gamblinman

Still like the rollover of the Crystal Mistress better. Both will get a gobblers attention.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

DBRANNON

Two great sounding pots. It sounds like the MM2 is another killer from David. He makes some great sounding calls with attitude.
Patience, grasshopper.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Daveb on March 04, 2018, 08:56:05 PM
Quote from: KentuckyHeadhunter on March 04, 2018, 08:28:09 PM

Agreed. And in bare feet to boot!
This comment made me think of Ronnie Van Zant the original singer of Lynyrd Skynyrd, he always went on stage barefoot because he said he liked to feel the music through his feet. Totally unrelated, but had to share.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."