turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

PA season in northern area.

Started by SpitanDrum, April 18, 2011, 06:28:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpitanDrum

I have been out almost every day for the last 2 weeks, now that the snow is gone. Although I have located around 40 different Toms, most of them have been pretty tight lipped once they come off of the roost. I am still seeing some pretty large groups of birds. Just curious how the rest of the guys in this neck of the woods are doing?

Devastator

season is all over ;D :-X.probably henned up like they have been the last few years.

Ol'Mossy

Most of the gobblers i've been seeing lately are henned up, but there are a few that's not

PANYHunter

No turkeys around I'd stay at home.   :goofball:  I think the long winter has a lot to do with it.  I'm pretty sure by the time the season rolls around they will be split up a lot more. 

RustySap

When the season rolls around boys all we can do is take it one day at a tlime. Hopefully the weather will warm up by then.... good luck to everyone in Pa.

TauntoHawk

im south eastern corner havent heard or found a single bird in all my scouting. we dont normally have many birds but i always find a few except this year.

Im looking for anywhere no to hunt as long as its got some birds. My wife really wants to go this year and i cant even find a jake  :begging:

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ol'Mossy

Quote from: RustySap on April 19, 2011, 11:24:11 AM
When the season rolls around boys all we can do is take it one day at a tlime. Hopefully the weather will warm up by then.... good luck to everyone in Pa.

And I hope it quits raining soon  >:(

archery1

i havent heard or seen any.. my buddy that lives upstate heard a few but not much.. i have been out 4 times and have not heard, seen or saw any signs.. hope it gets better and like alot of people said.. STOP RAININ. 
Take a kid hunting

TalksToTurkeys

I talked to a guy on Wednesday who claims to have heard one gobble.   :gobble:,,,  :gobble: :gobble:

I told him he was crazy...Everyone knows turkeys go Putt,,,Putt,,, Putt Putt Putt Putt

:goofball:

Ruger M77

All the gobblers ive seen and heard so far have had hens with them
I eat therefore I hunt

TauntoHawk

still nothing to be found in the southeast so I talked to my wife's uncle and he said he's been hearing the birds gettin fired up around their cabin in Mt. Union so I think I'll head there opening day to hunt with her family. maybe by the second week they'll have picked it up some more north and Ill head above state college way before I head up to NY.

NY hunt is looking real good, reports from my buddy are that all of our turkey spots are crawling with birds and he's land a few new honey holes. still hanging around in pretty big flocks with hens but are gobbling good. birds are usually pretty workable by the second week of may up there
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>