OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

South Florida Turkey Hunters

Started by bbcoach, March 02, 2018, 06:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbcoach

To ALL of you heading out tomorrow GOOD LUCK!  BE SAFE!!!!  Send PICS!!!!

GobbleNut

Yes,...Good luck to those that are getting this party started!  Still a month away (or more) for a lot of us.

squidd

Will be trying to get a Co-worker on his first bird.  Should be entertaining, not for him, but for the romp-n-stomp that will going on around us.

bbcoach

I see eorlando is on the board this morning with a Beautiful Osceola.  Nice hooks.  Chasing ole 3 toes through the  Southern Florida swamps and cow pastures is a wonderful experience.  Keep the PICS coming.  Only 6 weeks until NC's opener. 

chad fenton

joeturkey

A very bad day in South Florida  for me 9 miles  in  on a mud  and  water filled  trail  had front brake  hose brake almost  hit a pine tree  no strong  cell signal  luckily for me I had a Wilson cell phone  booster had to text hunting buddies  about  2 miles away  and they  came over and  got me to the auto parts store  and  back to my truck will be back at it tomorrow.

bbcoach

joe, sorry to hear of your misfortune but remember this, "The worst day Hunting is still better than the best day Working!"  Keep after them and GREAT Luck tomorrow.  Keep us posted.

squidd

Nothing making noise this morning and only one bird logged in at noon when I checked out.  There's always tomorrow! 

joey46

Opening morning was the first cool to almost cold morning in a while in my area of s/w Fl.  Our hunting spots don't open until the 17th but I'll be out Monday and Friday listening and checking cameras. I'll bump up any new Intel to this thread.  Hope you have better luck this morning.
BTW - only one bird showing up on the Floridasportsman site as of now (3am) but that web site has pretty much gone to pot IMO so no surprise.

bbcoach

Looks as if the Noreaster along the Eastern Seaboard has put a damper on everything including the  turkey hunting in South Florida.  Joey46 has reported cooler to cold temps causing gobbling to slow to a crawl.  The weather WILL warm back up so Hang in there.

joeturkey

You got that right  50 degrees  and  windy  here in South Florida this morning.

bbcoach

More rain, snow and another noreaster for the Northeast again.  New York looking for another 12".  Hope you guys in South FL are getting some warmer weather and getting after those Longbeards.