turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

My Mississippi season

Started by surehuntsalot, March 02, 2018, 06:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

surehuntsalot

My season looks like it's over before it even gets started. In hospital waiting to be released after having triple bypass surgery this past Friday .
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Sir-diealot

Oh man sorry to hear that. I know it sucks, I have had medical reasons I could not hunt but just take your time, heal up and live to hunt another season. Prayers.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

FullChoke

Steve, So sorry to hear this, my brother. Get healed up quickly and correctly. Your notes to me last year during my surgeries were much needed encouragements.

Norman

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

dublelung

I'm sorry to hear that but there's still hope. Take your time and listen to the doc. You'll be back out there in no time.

dutch@fx4

Best of luck with recovery.. I know a few folks that has the same and Thu seem to bounce back very quik after surgery.dint give up yet.

bbcoach

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate surgery and recovery period during your 2018 Turkey season.  The silver lining is the doctors have caught this before you experienced a heart attack or worse.  Take this season to completely recover and look forward to many, many more ahead.  Think: Lose 1 season, gain 20 more!!  Prayers for a COMPLETE recovery. 

eggshell

Best wishes on your recovery. I have had to compromise a season before it sucked. When is your season, will you be able to heal enough to try a blind hunt, if you can get to a field. I would try and think of something. Maybe a crossbow on a stand. Or at least go and watch a hunt, never give up. I hunted one year with a shattered elbow and a full arm cast/brace on my right arm. I learned to shoot left handed off a shooting stick. I missed two birds and killed the third, it was one of my proudest hunts in 45 years.

RAJ

The good news is that you will have plenty of time to be in shape for many more seasons to come if you take care of yourself.
I almost waited too late a few years ago. Do not and I repeat , DO NOT push the envelope on trying out a gun, bow, golf club, or even casting until they say
it is O. K .

I hope you recover quickly and have many seasons ahead because of the procedure.

I am the old RAJ by the way.

mtns2hunt

Best wishes for a quick recovery. Heading for the treadmill now!
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Cut N Run

I hope you get to feeling better soon.  I remember something a buddy of mine told me when I was in the hospital recovering from some severe injuries that might help you.  "The light at the end of the tunnel is not necessarily a train coming...baby steps, man."  My injuries were significant enough that I didn't have the doctor's clearance to shoot a firearm for 9 months after the injuries.  The next time I got the chance to hunt was Opening Day the following year and I tagged a nice gobbler.  I haven't slowed down since.  Even though you may not get the chance to hunt this year, you'll have amazing desire to go next year. Concentrate on rebuilding you strength so you are good to go when you can.

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

Tomcat655

Prayers coming from Hazlehurst MS

dublelung

I'm sorry to hear that but there's still hope. Take your time and listen to the doc. You'll be back out there in no time.

zelmo1

Heal up brother, if you miss your season you can come up north and hunt Maine or NH. Maine season runs till June 2nd. Listen to the Doc and rest up. Al Baker

Tail Feathers

Well let me borrow your license and give me some GPS coordinates and I'll see about getting you some turkey meat. :funnyturkey:

Just kidding, glad to hear you got that fixed before it ended all your seasons!  Get well soon. :icon_thumright:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

jakesdad

Rest up and get better. Will miss you on the team this year. The benefits here will definitely outweigh the negatives in the long run. I know you won't be able to shoot,but any chance you could get in a couple close hunts to home where you could maybe go with someone else and just enjoy the day? Not the same as pulling the trigger but it might help alleviate the thought of missing out all together.

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"