turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Please recommend a box and a pot call

Started by idgobble, February 28, 2018, 06:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idgobble

A friend who only has a Roberts Bros. slate and glass call and a store bought box call told me today he wants to buy a good quality custom box call and a good quality custom pot call to start his collection and,  also, to use this spring.  He asked my recommendation and I thought it would make an interesting forum question. What would your first recommendation be for each type of call? Remember, readily available for the season that starts in 6 weeks.     PS Let's make it your first two recommendations for each type.

Gobble!

Box Call - David Halloran
Pot Call - Perfection Calls Screamin Demon

doublespurs21

try Midwest turkey call supply,  they have a a lot of big name calls, both box and pot calls. 

Haymarket

Okay, I would order a Jeff White Box from him on this site. He has short turn around, and makes great calls for a really good price (for now). Message him and see what he can make short term. As an up and comer it just seems he cares more about making customers happy by giving them great calls. High quality box calls get over priced when the maker gets real famous..get one from him before it happens. As far as a pot call, I would send a messsage to Mark Cornelius (MAC Calls) on here as well and try to get a green slate over glass if he can get it done before the season. He just makes great calls and cleans up on awards to prove it, and is low priced for a true custom call that is second to very few or maybe none.

DrDirtNap

What's wrong with ROBERTS Bros call?  They are one of the better ones you can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idgobble

Quote from: DrDirtNap on February 28, 2018, 07:09:19 PM
What's wrong with ROBERTS Bros call?  They are one of the better ones you can get.

Nothing wrong with Roberts Bros.. They're great.  He just wants to start buying some new ones to try and, also, to collect. Let's help him stimulate the economy! It's fun to have a selection of calls each day.

Happy hooker

Sounds like he kind of wants the thrill of ordering something new,,,if not why not grab both off the Swapboards,,there are Albert Paul's,Hallorans,Kaisers,Roberts,etc on there right now and you know you will have them in a few days for sure.

Greg Massey

Christopher Brumfiel or S S Custom calls for the box and Chris Brumfiel, David Hallorans , Jim Shelley and Mark Cornelius for the pot call...

Snood Life

Since he needs something now I would call AL at SS Custom calls. He could one stop shop there.

WV Ridge Reaper

Box/Jeff White or Albert Paul
Pot/David Halloran or Lonzo or Jimmy Schaffer

Bowguy

Box is no question an SS. Pots depends on the surface but Schafer, SS, Halloran has some in Midwest turkey supply, idk how quick MAC is right now but he's normally quick. It's not all about speed but I'm sure these are good ones

donjuan

Box - SS Butternut over kwila, also van cisr bloodwood
Pot - yingling copper with a cherry striker
Whoever said you can't kill em from the couch never was good enough to call a gobbler into the living room

idgobble

WOW!  Thank you.  That's enough to keep my friend busy for a couple years!  I sent him all the recommendations tonite. 

mwr

S&S Calls!! Al and Josh will fix your up!

kyturkeyhunter4

Ss Custom calls make some great sounding box calls