OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: The switch has flipped  (Read 2433 times)

Offline Rzrbac

• Longbeard
The switch has flipped
« on: February 28, 2018, 04:53:24 PM »
Did a little shed hunting yesterday and flushed a few birds close to dark. Nothing gobbled but I got to hear one old hen do some yelping as she had likely come back in to roost. I wished I would have had some calls with me, I would have got her worked up. Anyway, that’s all it took and I now have turkey hunting on my mind and i’m ready to go kill some gobblers. Still have elk on my mind but I’m in the mood to call in some birds.

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: The switch has flipped
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 05:18:44 PM »
Have had it that one day the urge was not there and the next day it was withdrawals! Never know when the fever will show up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Offline Rzrbac

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 05:32:10 PM »
I was feeling kind of bad that the team was excited for season and I just wasn’t feeling it. Guess it just that hen talking, I almost never go to the woods without a call no matter the time of year. I’ve had some cool encounters just goofing off in the woods with a call.

I still have a ways to go, our season is mid April. I may check out some new public areas. I did that last year and it flooded and I couldn’t get to my new ground. May pack my bow or rifle and chase hogs while I scout.

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 06:46:44 PM »
We start so early, I start getting pumped in January. By mid April I'm thinking hard about fishing. Will start in early May as soon as our season ends.

Offline Rzrbac

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 07:37:03 PM »
Never got into fishing, good thing though I don’t think I could afford to fish and hunt. I’ll focussed on archery and elk come May. Wished I was going up north for a bear hunt in May...one of these days!

Offline dirt road ninja

• Double Beard
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 08:06:06 PM »
I could be talked into a bear hunt. We are fortunate to have the best fishery in the lower 48.

Offline Bowguy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 09:26:36 PM »
You guys coulda came here. Bears are everywhere. The new governor is some libtard freak and doesn’t think we need a hunt so it’ll prob close the season. The biggest bears in the country I’d say are right here. Guess we gotta grow em a bit again. I live one town away from where the Indian college kid was eaten hiking. Used to have over 50 break ins of houses a year from bears.