News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Youth investment offer - Ended

Started by FullChoke, February 27, 2018, 10:32:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Brothers and Sisters,

I have a real soft spot in my heart for kids learning the ways of gobbler hunting under the careful mentoring of family members or friends. I love to see those photos of a kid's first bird with the biggest excited grin shining over those spread tail feathers. If you are a mentor, I want to offer something for your young hunters that they can use for the rest of their hunting lives. A hand woven turkey tote.

It is made from 550 paracord in International Orange color for safety reasons. It features a wide hand and shoulder strap woven using a Cobra weave and a pair of sliding deer antler stops on the cord ends to grip the gobblers legs. The functional length of the tote can be shortened some by tying a slip knot in each cord to limit the length of it that runs through the antler stops. As your youngsters get older, the tote can be lengthened to make it more comfortably fit the growing hunter.

I ask that you consider whether your student has really gotten the fever and that you can envision them carrying the torch of turkey hunting for years on their own and eventually training up their own kids or grandkids.

I have 5 Totes ready to go to the first 5 people to PM me with their name, address and name of the child. Please limit this to 1 per family. Due to the availability of different materials, they may look slightly different than the photo, but they will all function the same way. I am offering them free of charge, I just ask that you kick in a few dollars to cover postage costs if you can.

Please consider this to be my humble investment in their young lives and an attempt to pay-it-forward for the guidance that I received when I was my grandfather's student of woodsmanship and hunting ethics.

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

eorlando

Pm sent. Awesome!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MK M GOBL

Awesome offer! and support of youth getting into hunting!! I would take you up on this as I mentor a lot, but I make them myself :) I use a double cobra braid, like them a little wider on the shoulder. The deer antler is neat, I am just using a welded steel ring.

Hope they all find good homes!

Here is a gun sling I did for a buddies turkey gun (Double Cobra Braid)

MK M GOBL

guesswho

Good on you Fullchoke :z-winnersmiley:.  Good looking tote!  I'm sure the recipients will be very pleased, and I hope they get to wear it out!
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Gobble!

Big Jeremy

That's very kind of you, FullChoke! Keeping kids interested in the outdoors is very important! Too many sitting on couches all day long these days!

FullChoke

Alright, gentlemen, I just got the last tote promised off to a young gun.

If you are a mentor to a youngster, God Bless You for your patience and giving heart to those kids. Keep up the incredible work and know that you are changing lives. For everyone else, consider taking a kid turkey hunting for a day this year. It is a sacrifice that's not really a sacrifice.

Thank you.

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

3bailey3

Awesome Norman, thanks for your support of our youth!

1iagobblergetter

Super nice gesture Sir!! God bless you for your kindness  :jesus-cross: