OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

WTB Knight & Hale Original Mod. #101 Turkey Tube

Started by fatmo, February 24, 2018, 08:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatmo

joey46

I'll look around my "stuff".  I may have bought one at their barbershop in Cadiz when they were just entering the big time (probably late 70s/early 80s).  I was never really good at it liking the larger, and later introduced, Widow Maker better. I remember Harold demo-ed it with a gobble.  He is very good.   Can you still find diaphragms for it?  I have to get replacements for the Widow Maker on line.

fatmo

Quote from: joey46 on February 25, 2018, 05:49:59 AM
I'll look around my "stuff".  I may have bought one at their barbershop in Cadiz when they were just entering the big time (probably late 70s/early 80s).  I was never really good at it liking the larger, and later introduced, Widow Maker better. I remember Harold demo-ed it with a gobble.  He is very good.   Can you still find diaphragms for it?  I have to get replacements for the Widow Maker on line.
[/quote

Several companies still have replacement reeds. I get my reeds from pioneer...

joey46

Is this it?  Seem to remember hearing there was an earlier test model.  Dave Harbour mentioned it in his book Hunting the American Wild Turkey printed in 1975. 
Double picture :D

fatmo

No, The one I have is shorter! Is that tube 2 pieces or one solid? Thank you very much for taking the time to look.

joey46

Two piece.  The one piece may be the prototype.  Now that I dug it out I might as well play with it.  Diaphragms from the Widow Maker may work.  We'll see.

fatmo

If that is 2 pieces, I'm interested mine never had the smaller part????  PM me if your interested in selling...  If not thanks again for looking!!