OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Pot Call

Started by Buckman18, February 24, 2018, 08:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckman18

My birthday is coming up soon, and it just so happens I have room for one more pot call in my new turkey vest...

Leaning toward the Knight & Hale Moonshiner or Ol Yeller, but open to ideas/suggestions...

Luckily, my wife knows nothing about turkey hunting so I get to tell her exactly which one to order. Which one should I get? Or perhaps you have a better thought, my limit for myself is about $50.00 or so.

17hornethunter

I'd go with one of the guys on here over any mass produced call. Just my .02

Buckman18

10-4, certainly open to that!

However, I have a problem. I'm brand new here and don't know anyone yet!

Tennessee Lead

Look in the classified section and you can find a super fine call for $50!
My Dad has the Moonshiner it is a good call for what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TauntoHawk

What do you have already? What do you like? Slate, glass, aluminum? Not sure

Just pot calls do you have any boxes?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Buckman18

I have glass, slate, and aluminum pots. The slate and aluminum, couldn't be more happy with. The glass, so so. Plenty of boxes and mouth calls.

TKE921

There is a Halloran Twisted Sister in the pot call classified section now.  55$ and a mean turkey call

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: TKE921 on February 24, 2018, 09:04:20 PM
There is a Halloran Twisted Sister in the pot call classified section now.  55$ and a mean turkey call
If you told me to get one of my calls and go kill that turkey that's what I would take

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gooserbat

I'll too my own horn or call in this case and say you can get one of my High Standard calls for $49.95 new.  I'll put it against any crystal or aluminum out there
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Jbird22

I can vouch for Gooserbat's pot calls. I've never ran his High Standard series but I have his Ol Hickory glass and it's a good call.

Btw, I have a Mooshiner and I hunted it quite a bit. It won't get much love here on OG being it's a production call but it's a good call nonetheless.

Gooserbat

Quote from: Jbird22 on February 24, 2018, 10:44:29 PM
I can vouch for Gooserbat's pot calls. I've never ran his High Standard series but I have his Ol Hickory glass and it's a good call.

Btw, I have a Mooshiner and I hunted it quite a bit. It won't get much love here on OG being it's a production call but it's a good call nonetheless.

Since I build them I'll say that as good as the Ol'Hickory is the High Standard is far better.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

southern_leo

I agree buy a custom...that being said the moonshiner is the best production pot I've ever ran and is solid.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

grayfox

Quote from: southern_leo on February 25, 2018, 02:18:28 PM
I agree buy a custom...that being said the moonshiner is the best production pot I've ever ran and is solid.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Love my custom calls but X2 on the Moonshiner.

FL-Boss

X3... I have over 50 pots from all the coutom call makers. But the cheap Moonshiner is the one I will grab first on opening morning. Its a real meat call.

I got 3 of them last year for about $15 each. Saw them in academy last week for 45.00... . I guess the word got out!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gamblinman

Halloran Crystal Misstress

Many a gobbler has fallen to one. Twisted Sister is another

I still like my Woodhaven Cherry Classic Crystal
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."