OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

is this the right "carpenters chalk"???

Started by adkmountainken, February 24, 2018, 08:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SinGin

Looks like the same I've used in the past except mine was blue

Greg Massey

Have you look at rain chalk, it's a good brand also... it will make your box calls come alive... you might want to look it up...great stuff...

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

Pettit877

Yes the Dixon half circle carpenter chalk is what everyone uses typically.
Eric

Gamblinman

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 24, 2018, 08:22:11 PM
Have you look at rain chalk, it's a good brand also... it will make your box calls come alive... you might want to look it up...great stuff...

+1

Rain chalk is like a ThermaCell..it works!
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

packmule

Rain chalk is great, so is railroad chalk.  Both are tough to beat on box calls and scratch boxes.

LaLongbeard

The old brown railroad chalk from Midwest is what I always use.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

fatmo

Looks the same but mine was blue also.  I always got mine from perfection game calls

hawk

Greg Massey

Quote from: hawk on February 25, 2018, 11:22:00 AM
Where do you get rain chalk
You can order rain chalk from Midwest Turkey Call Supply or just look up rain chalk on the web....

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

larry9988

A good cheap supply of chalk with no oil in it to control the dust  are the tubs of sidewalk chalk in the toy section at stores. It's all colors but the color doesn't matter. It's the same as the old railroad chalk that several of the top call makers send or sent with their box. It's cheap.

Gooserbat

NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."