OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

N"WTF"???

Started by Sir-diealot, February 24, 2018, 01:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 24, 2018, 02:55:34 PM
Are you saying you have a dislike for the NWTF , or what...can you explain ?   35 year's ago we welcome NWTF for what they did in helping stock birds in our state...  I have no problem with NWTF and the accomplishments with banquets , fundraisers and the youth programs...  It's has helped our local chapter in raising funds for radio collar's in tracking turkey's and also in buying much needed equipment for public land food plot's and i could go on and on, with the good that NWTF has done in our state....
This is a copy and paste of what I said to somebody above, it should explain. "Okay then, I am a member but I will try not to bring them up. I don't care for their publication much, though it it is better than it was in the early 2000's I always preferred Turkey and Turkey Hunter Myself but have had no other issues beyond that with them."
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

guesswho

I'm guilty.  We parted ways years ago.

Some refer to it as Now Where's Those Funds. 

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Sir-diealot

Quote from: guesswho on February 24, 2018, 03:05:31 PM
Never heard that before.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Greg Massey

You know people i could eat lunch 35 years ago for less than 4 dollars , now it takes 10 dollars or more.. So it does take money to operate this day and time....

snapper1982

Are you saying you have a dislike for the NWTF , or what...can you explain ?   35 year's ago we welcome NWTF for what they did in helping stock birds in our state...  I have no problem with NWTF and the accomplishments with banquets , fundraisers and the youth programs...  It's has helped our local chapter in raising funds for radio collar's in tracking turkey's and also in buying much needed equipment for public land food plot's and i could go on and on, with the good that NWTF has done in our state....

If you would read his posts you would see he does not have an issue with the NWTF as he is a mamber bu of course from reading your comments back to him and alot of them on other threads you just do not comprehend things alot of times.   

Fullfan

That is what I thought when I found out Rob Keck was making 300K a year , I am no longer a member.
Don't gobble at me...

Tail Feathers

Quote from: guesswho on February 24, 2018, 03:05:31 PM
I'm guilty.  We parted ways years ago.

The NWTF has done a lot of good along the lines of turkey restoration.  Not that they trapped and transplanted all those birds, but they helped by funding some and by providing volunteers to help out.  Their research has been a helpful and the wild turkey reached peak numbers of restoration in part because of the NWTF's persistence and funding.

That said, what does an organization do when their primary mission has been completed?
They've turned to WITO, Handicapped Hunters and get the kids outdoors.  All noble enough, but not really turkey related.
I'm hoping they fund some more research to see why the high bird numbers seem to be tumbling in so many places.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Happy

Quote from: Fullfan on February 24, 2018, 05:08:47 PM
That is what I thought when I found out Rob Keck was making 300K a year , I am no longer a member.
That's what turned me off as well. People getting rich from someone else generosity rub me the wrong way.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Rzrbac

Not exactly along the same lines as discussion but I'll share this anyway since I was amused.

Last spring I stopped at a truck stop for a cup of coffee on the way to the woods. I was wearing a camo NWTF hat. The cashier was a young black girl who lit up when she checked me out and said "I really like your hat."  I said thanks as I was fond of it too because it was Mossy Oak Bottomland. She then asked me if I knew what NWTF stood for. I responded as most would and told her about the NWTF. After listening to my little explanation of the NWTF, she proceeded to tell me that was not what was on my hat. She told me it stood for Negroe Women for Tomorrow Foundation. I laughed and said "No, not this hat."  We both just laughed but I don't think I convinced her otherwise.

Greg Massey

Quote from: snapper1982 on February 24, 2018, 05:01:22 PM

Man i feel like i have been offended ..Because i was thinking that's what's this forum is for opinions...i do appreciate you reading my pass post, that shows your paying attention... thanks for your opinion..
If you would read his posts you would see he does not have an issue with the NWTF as he is a mamber bu of course from reading your comments back to him and alot of them on other threads you just do not comprehend things alot of times.

Gobspur

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 24, 2018, 02:15:22 PM
What's the purpose of this post... ?     

Respectfully, what is the purpose of your post?  Don't see that it adds any value to answering his question.  The OP is new and said he was an NWTF member.  I took it as he honestly did not know what it meant when people said N"WTF".  He was asking a question, not bashing the NWTF.  And not bashing you...just politely stating that maybe you didn't understand what he was asking.

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Happy on February 24, 2018, 05:19:47 PM
That's what turned me off as well. People getting rich from someone else generosity rub me the wrong way.
I can understand that. It sounds like a dream job imo,but how much good did he do and also money did he bring in.??..
Maybe he could have made a half million or more somewhere else instead of 300,000$

Greg Massey

Quote from: Gobspur on February 24, 2018, 05:30:06 PM
Quote from: Greg Massey on February 24, 2018, 02:15:22 PM
What's the purpose of this post... ?     

Respectfully, what is the purpose of your post?  Don't see that it adds any value to answering his question.  The OP is new and said he was an NWTF member.  I took it as he honestly did not know what it meant when people said N"WTF".  He was asking a question, not bashing the NWTF.  And not bashing you...just politely stating that maybe you didn't understand what he was asking.
I wasn't thinking he was bashing NWTF... i just didn't understand his post asking about what N"WTF"

Happy

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on February 24, 2018, 05:31:31 PM
I can understand that. It sounds like a dream job imo,but how much good did he do and also money did he bring in.??..
Maybe he could have made a half million or more somewhere else instead of 300,000$
I Believe if he could have made more elswheres he would have.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

1iagobblergetter

Quote from: Happy on February 24, 2018, 05:59:11 PM
Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on February 24, 2018, 05:31:31 PM
I Believe if he could have made more elswheres he would have.
He might not have gotten paid to shoot turkeys though!! :fud:   :OGani: