OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

N"WTF"???

Started by Sir-diealot, February 24, 2018, 01:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Several times I have seen N"WTF" instead the way I am used to seeing it, is there a reason for that? Only thing I can figure is Now"What The Fu@!"
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

nsselle

they suck, enough said.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: nsselle on February 24, 2018, 01:59:54 PM
they suck, enough said.
Okay then, I am a member but I will try not to bring them up. I don't care for their publication much, though it it is better than it was in the early 2000's I always preferred Turkey and Turkey Hunter Myself but have had no other issues beyond that with them.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

What's the purpose of this post... ?     

MK M GOBL

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 24, 2018, 01:47:35 PM
Several times I have seen N"WTF" instead the way I am used to seeing it, is there a reason for that? Only thing I can figure is Now"What The Fu@!"

That has been around for years, can't remember the state but a lady had vanity plate with "NWTF" on them and the state was "recalling" them for the "Now"What The Fu@!", don't know how it ended up but thought it was a bit crazy... And yes she was a turkey hunter. She posted a picture with her and a gobbler by her plates showing her support of the NWTF.

MK M GOBL

LaLongbeard

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 24, 2018, 02:15:22 PM
I think this guy is bored/lonely he's even posting comments on classified adds. I get it you want to be involved but every single post doesn't need a comment lol
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

Gobble!

There's a large group who believe the NWTF have taken credit for others work and some other things. Hopefully they explain more. Now let me get some pop corn.

:popcorn:

Sir-diealot

Seems self explanatory, to ask a question I did not know the answer to/

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 24, 2018, 02:17:00 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 24, 2018, 01:47:35 PM

That has been around for years, can't remember the state but a lady had vanity plate with "NWTF" on them and the state was "recalling" them for the "Now"What The Fu@!", don't know how it ended up but thought it was a bit crazy... And yes she was a turkey hunter. She posted a picture with her and a gobbler by her plates showing her support of the NWTF.

MK M GOBL
That's kinda funny and sad at the same time. Thanks for the reply.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Gobble! on February 24, 2018, 02:21:44 PM
There's a large group who believe the NWTF have taken credit for others work and some other things. Hopefully they explain more. Now let me get some pop corn.

:popcorn:
Okay that is much more understandable to me, thanks for clearing that up.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Phillipshunt on February 24, 2018, 02:20:14 PM
I think this guy is bored/lonely he's even posting comments on classified adds. I get it you want to be involved but every single post doesn't need a comment lol
A. I am not the only person that pays compliments in those adds, B. I am still learning the site and indeed have posted in the wrong places at times, I am trying to pay more attention to the subcategories so I don't do that as much, but my meds make me a bit forgetful so bare with me, I will get the hang of it but if I see a new type of call I have never seen like I have here on 3 or 4 occasions already you will have to forgive my enthusiasm and why would you want to quell that anyway, I love it when somebody gains interest in any of my interests, it is how we get new blood in and keep the older blood in as well.

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 24, 2018, 02:36:38 PM
A. I am not the only person that pays compliments in those adds, B. I am still learning the site and indeed have posted in the wrong places at times, I am trying to pay more attention to the subcategories so I don't do that as much, but my meds make me a bit forgetful so bare with me, I will get the hang of it but if I see a new type of call I have never seen like I have here on 3 or 4 occasions already you will have to forgive my enthusiasm and why would you want to quell that anyway, I love it when somebody gains interest in any of my interests, it is how we get new blood in and keep the older blood in as well.
I still don't understand the purpose of this post... :OGturkeyhead:

Gobble!

Seems he would like to know why some mock the organization. I would encourage everyone to do their research before giving money to any organization.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Greg Massey on February 24, 2018, 02:43:30 PM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on February 24, 2018, 02:36:38 PM
I still don't understand the purpose of this post... :OGturkeyhead:
On the off chance you are being serious I wanted to know if there was a reason that instead of seeing The National Wild Turkey Federation being abbreviated NWTF I had seen it  done this way N"WTF" in what seems to be a derogatory way. The question has been answered.

John Koenig:

Greg Massey

Are you saying you have a dislike for the NWTF , or what...can you explain ?   35 year's ago we welcome NWTF for what they did in helping stock birds in our state...  I have no problem with NWTF and the accomplishments with banquets , fundraisers and the youth programs...  It's has helped our local chapter in raising funds for radio collar's in tracking turkey's and also in buying much needed equipment for public land food plot's and i could go on and on, with the good that NWTF has done in our state....