turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Keeping em quiet

Started by Sir-diealot, February 22, 2018, 07:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Other than stuffing them in an old sock or in separate pockets how do ya'll keep your pot calls from rattling together in a backpack/hip sack?
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

1iagobblergetter

Koozies, or Glenda Green on here makes pot call protectors. Shes a member on O.G. and had some forsale i think in the miscellaneous classifieds recently.

Sir-diealot

Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: 1iagobblergetter on February 22, 2018, 07:55:03 PM
Koozies, or Glenda Green on here makes pot call protectors. Shes a member on O.G. and had some forsale i think in the miscellaneous classifieds recently.
Okay thank you, I will go look for that now.

John Koenig:

Tennessee Lead

The koozies work great
All mine are stored in them as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MK M GOBL

Bought several of these back in the day, don't know if H.S. Still sells. I also store my ones at home in the koozie, I like the H.S. for in the field as it holds strikers and my emery cloth and scotch pad.

MK M GOBL

Sir-diealot

Quote from: Tennessee Lead on February 22, 2018, 10:26:41 PM
The koozies work great
All mine are stored in them as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the reply. I will get some stuff out tomorrow and see how I like it, just have to figure out where I put the koozie.

John Koenig:

Sir-diealot

Quote from: MK M GOBL on February 22, 2018, 11:00:34 PM
Bought several of these back in the day, don't know if H.S. Still sells. I also store my ones at home in the koozie, I like the H.S. for in the field as it holds strikers and my emery cloth and scotch pad.

MK M GOBL
I like that, nice setup.

John Koenig:

alankrow

Look on ebay for tupperware little wonder bowels 4 for $12 to $15....

Sir-diealot

Quote from: alankrow on February 23, 2018, 07:54:30 AM
Look on ebay for Tupperware little wonder bowels 4 for $12 to $15....
I will do. Just a question though, are you lining the interior somehow, it would seem they would still make a lot of noise and I remember Tupperware tops making a bit of noise when you take them off?

John Koenig:

alankrow

Tupperware doesn't make them anymore. they are 6oz, a pot call just fits in them..
They are waterproof,  lining the interior for extra protect and the lids don't make any noise.
Back in the 80s some callmarker sold them with their calls

Sir-diealot

Quote from: alankrow on February 23, 2018, 04:25:24 PM
Tupperware doesn't make them anymore. they are 6oz, a pot call just fits in them..
They are waterproof,  lining the interior for extra protect and the lids don't make any noise.
Back in the 80s some callmarker sold them with their calls
Okay thank you. I have them up on ebay now, just trying to find ones that are not some shade of red white or blue.

John Koenig:

SteelerFan

Koozie

Hard to beat this deal:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CV2B0HQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

$9 for a dozen camo. They work great - nice protection too

Sir-diealot

John Koenig:

Extremesolo

I also use the small tupperware bowls and I put a piece of scotchbrite on the call surface before i put the lid on.  This tightens them up and keeps them from rattling inside the container.  I also then have it handy to clean the call surface or striker tip if I need to.  They are convenient and waterproof which is a bonus.