turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Knight and Hale RNG 200 Review

Started by tha bugman, February 22, 2018, 12:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

This review has made my decision on a new vest easy.I can't get over the knight & hale run n gun vests.I will be buying the Run n Gun 300 this week sometime.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Upfold99

I have been wearing the 200 for 2 solid weeks now. Its not a long time, but I can give some real world feed back.

Seat works great with the flip up flip  down method. I thought I would miss some items since it has fewer pockets than my super elite 3, I dont. All my go to calls are still there. Striker pockets are great and organized on left shoulder. The durability of the zippers and zipper pulls have been flawless. The mouth call pockets seem to be doing well also and the magnet on the flap has not open unexpectedly. Overall very happy. I did add a thermacell pouch to the left molle section. Took a day for me to work out a annoying click while walking. Turns out it was bumping the boxcall paddle.

I have one dislike so far and have not found a workaround yet. I condition my pots every morning before leaving the truck and when I grab one from the vest they feel very slick like they need re-conditioning. Its seems they rub the material on the vest and get smooth. I have the striker surface towards my chest and the bottom of the pot towards the webbing. I may turn them over and see if it helps. This is a lil frustrating when grabbing a pot to use sitting at the bottom of a tree.

Its light for running and gunning and cool here in the florida heat.

These are my experiences so far.

Overall happy with the vest.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ezmorningrebel

my only hang up when i looked at that vest was the pot call pockets being open on top rather than fully enclosed and zippered.  looks like a good concept though.

RED NECK

I sent them an email as I can't seem to find it to buy anywhere.If i can't get an answer by Thursday.I will buy the alps long spur instead.

Dtrkyman

I saw one at a farm and home store...200 I would guess...light weight for sure.

Do the buckles on the shoulder straps interfere with your gun stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upfold99

I have a claw sling and I have not noticed the shoulder buckles. So I would say no interference.

RED NECK

I am up in ontario.Trying to find a decent vest is as fun as going to the dentist.I will need to order the one I go with.I sent Knight and Hale an email about shipping me it,if not,I will buy from Alps, as I really like that vest/hybrid layout as well.

RED NECK

They emailed me back this morning and will be shipping it to me this week.I am excited to use it this spring.It looks like a fantastic vest for me.

RED NECK

I am going to add the water bottle molle that you got as well, and maybe another pouch but I am going to wait until I have it setup for myself.Thanks for your review,It helped convince me that this is what i wanted.

YELPA

Vest is holding-up quite well and have no complaints at all 2 weeks into Alabama season.  Has proven to be exactly what I wanted: light, comfortable and minimalist. 

Dtrkyman

Quote from: Upfold99 on March 26, 2018, 08:44:03 AM
I have a claw sling and I have not noticed the shoulder buckles. So I would say no interference.

I meant in the shooting position...looks like the buckle would fall between shoulder and recoil pad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gaswamp

hows the durability after another year?

aaron

I'm two full years in on my 200.   Not a single stitch is undone anywhere.  Top of the line quality. For reference, I hunt 30 days a spring and don't even attempt to baby my gear.  It gets used, crawled, thrown in the truck. 

Nathan_Wiles

Walmart had the 200 on sale for 45 bucks near me, they had been 88.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

tha bugman

Quote from: Nathan_Wiles on June 13, 2019, 08:37:32 AM
Walmart had the 200 on sale for 45 bucks near me, they had been 88.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
yep same for me.  You can't afford to pass a deal like that up!