OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Federal tss pattern

Started by Tcagle, February 21, 2018, 06:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tcagle

Sxp longbeard with federal tss #9's 3 1/2 ic.665 choke at 40 yards

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Tcagle

Greg Massey

Tcagle

They is 326 is the circle at 40yards if I were a 10in circle just a lil lower I believe it would be 350 or higher

Gobspur

Looks like a good pattern and definitely a dead bird!  Guess I'm a little surprised though, I figured the .665 constriction would be a little tighter at 40 yds, based on what others have said in threads about using a more open choke for TSS.  Regardless, you got a hunting setup there!

KentuckyLB

The pattern looks as if it could be choked more if you wanted a hotter core for sure.

kwild835

I wouldn't touch that!  Amazing pattern off the shelf.

davisd9

Quote from: kwild835 on February 22, 2018, 08:52:20 AM
I wouldn't touch that!  Amazing pattern off the shelf.

X2! He dead! Much cheaper than many of the other offerings of TSS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Tcagle

Quote from: Gobspur on February 22, 2018, 08:46:29 AM
Looks like a good pattern and definitely a dead bird!  Guess I'm a little surprised though, I figured the .665 constriction would be a little tighter at 40 yds, based on what others have said in threads about using a more open choke for TSS.  Regardless, you got a hunting setup there!
Tell ya the truth I wish it was tighter for sure

davisd9

Quote from: Tcagle on February 22, 2018, 09:01:27 AM

Why?
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Tcagle

Quote from: davisd9 on February 22, 2018, 09:22:39 AM

Why?
Just feel like it should be better

davisd9

Quote from: Tcagle on February 22, 2018, 09:37:14 AM
Quote from: davisd9 on February 22, 2018, 09:22:39 AM

Why?
Just feel like it should be better

Nope, you are good to go. Dump a bunch of money on chokes and it might improve some, or it may not.

I would hunt it just like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trkehunr93

At around $8 a shell I would be content with that pattern.  As long as you do what your suppose to do, no gobbler's walking away from that.  My  :z-twocents:

Gobble!

Quote from: Tcagle on February 22, 2018, 06:39:21 AM
They is 326 is the circle at 40yards if I were a 10in circle just a lil lower I believe it would be 350 or higher

To get a true count in the 10" circle you would need to draw it around the densest part of the pattern then adjust your sights accordingly. 

BandedSpur

Uh-oh. Somebody's going to have a stroke.