OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mouth calls

Started by 29810434, February 21, 2018, 06:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who makes the best mouth calls?

jwright8

Everyone's mouth is different, so everyone has their favorite. I like hooks and woodhaven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoder409

Quote from: jwright8 on February 21, 2018, 06:39:44 PM
Everyone's mouth is different, so everyone has their favorite.

This.

Plus.......... different calling styles beg for different Reed configurations and tensions.   Chances are, if you find something that suits you at Walmart, the next one of the same exact call you buy will NOT run or sound the same.

Lots of good, custom builders out there.   Lots of them members on this site.

For my money and calling style............. Gooserbat Calls for me.    I buy 3 of the same call from Sam I have three identical calls.   Quality.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

dirt road ninja

My favorites r hooks and cane creek

Sir-diealot

I have quite the under-bite so I have problems with them. I used to buy nothing but Quakerboy because they were an in state company but they were to thick for me and I got to meet the son at an NWTF event and he totally turned me off with his personality and I no longer wished to line his pockets. I have tried some H.S. Strut calls and they were slightly better but still hard for me to use. I then tried some Primos calls and I have had very good luck with them as far as sound and fit goes. The only problem is they don't make that style in the 3 packs anymore so I have to but them individually which costs more.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

turkeykiller22

I build mouth calls. Each one is made online ata time using a completion style press.  I would be more than happy to make some calls for you!
Grounded Brand - https://groundedbrand.com/

PALongspur

boatpaddle

Quote from: PALongspur on February 21, 2018, 08:24:12 PM
Denny Gulvas
Agree......

Steve Kinders calls work great, too...

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

davisd9

Steve Kinder or Del Crow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Chris O

Gooserbat and Gulvas are some of my favorite ones. I have a Hooks heartthrob and a houndstooth triple reed that I like also