OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Nitro Company Still Around?

Started by mahifishn, February 21, 2018, 03:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahifishn

Called and ordered a few boxes a few weeks ago. Website appears to be down and i cant get them on the phone to check on my order for the past week. Anybody know anything?

Fullfan

As far as I know they are still doing business in Missouri. Customer service and answering the phone has never been a top priority for them. Good luck.
Don't gobble at me...

land cruiser

It's much easier to get a hold them in the summer

taylorjones20

Alive only by the Grace Of God

Gobble!

They are still around. Their Facebook page is pretty active. This is the time of year is when their customer service goes down the drain. They get slammed and it gets hard to contact them.

KentuckyLB

Theyre customer service went down the drain a long time ago..When you call for a week straight with over 20 phone calls a day with no answer, well after 17 years dealing with Nitro I threw in the towel and went to APEX... First call to them ordered and shipped with in 12 hours with a tracking number. With Nitro if you ever did get in touch with them after you order you could receive shells in 2 week to 2 months. Nitro can kiss my rear end.

Deast1988

I mailed a order 3 weeks back, got contacted last week I was on the list for last week. Still waiting, I called a bunch. Left a few messages, they called me 4 days later but did return my calls. I emailed they took a few days but did reply to my email. So they are slow but do get around to you. They cost more then Apex but at this time of year if you haven't ordered already it could be on into season if you get your shells I'm afraid.

mahifishn

Website is working now. Customer service is pretty rough to say the least. Guess I'll be rolling with the Federal's until my new nitros come in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LaLongbeard

I have been shooting Nitros for over a decade never had a problem with orders or shipment. You cannot wait until middle of February to decide you need shells for this season. I ordered shells in Dec and then again in Jan both times the shells were in stock and I got them in a week.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

mahifishn

Learn plenty of thing turkey hunting every season. I'll put this down first on the list this year, "order nitros during December." Thanks for the help guys.

Gamblinman

I quit buying there shells when another member here cut one of their shells open and found all the pixie dust shot and unround, jagged pieces of shot. I did the same just to confirm and found the same results. When I contacted Nitro about it, they told me I could use what they supplied, or buy somewhere else. I switched to Federal Heavyweights or TSS and have never looked back.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

KentuckyLB

Nitro has always loaded the jagged looking shot as I have opened a many of them.. the ( Pixie Dust) was never an issue every time I pulled the trigger with a Nitro it flopped.. But theyre customer service is the poorest I have ever seen.. For such a high demand product I would be hiring me some office personnel this time of year.

turkeywhisperer935

Don't know what gamblin man is talking about cause from what I understand envirmetal that loads hevi shot and hevi 13's. They're shot can look more like jagged stuff too as I have known some people too cut them open. The pixie dust I know nothing about. I just know nitro's shoot and pattern great. Better than any other brand name market shell other than maybe the new federal tss. Customer service does leave a lot to be desired though.

bez71

I ordered some TSS loads from Nitro today.  It did take me a couple days to get ahold of them.  I've been trying to get in touch with Apex for even longer.  The phone goes straight to voicemail.  I've left several messages.  Been waiting about 5 days for a call back.

Gobble!

I'm a member of Nitro and Apex Facebook pages. Each company seems very active there. For anyone having trouble reaching them I recommend Facebook.