Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobbling in the north this morning !!!!!

Started by Yoder409, February 21, 2018, 06:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Just heard my first 2018 gobble !!!!!

Always puts that extra little hitch in yer giddyup, don't it ??     ................even though it's still 9 weeks til our opener...........
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Gamblinman

Always great to hear your first gobble of the year...I get that cold tingle up my spine. Landowner  in So TX cleared another 20 acres of brush last summer and the turkeys have taken it over. We've had good hatches the last several years.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

quavers59

What Northern State? I am from New York . It is 68 degrees today!!!

Yoder409

West Central Pennsylvania............. Hour NE of Pittsburgh
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

WW

Quote from: Gamblinman on February 21, 2018, 08:09:05 AM
Always great to hear your first gobble of the year...I get that cold tingle up my spine. Landowner  in So TX cleared another 20 acres of brush last summer and the turkeys have taken it over. We've had good hatches the last several years.

Where in Texas are you Gamblinman? I hunted about an hour from San Angelo a couple years ago.

Sir-diealot

Quote from: quavers59 on February 21, 2018, 12:25:16 PM
What Northern State? I am from New York . It is 68 degrees today!!!
What part of NY I am in the Finger Lakes myself.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

SwampMoss

I stopped at a spot that is being logged heavily, this morning. Folks keep telling me they see 20+ in the fields but I've seen a couple tracks and that's it all through deer season lol didn't hear a sound though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quavers59

Sir-Diealot-- I am from Monroe in Orange County--52 miles North of NYC.

compton30

I texted both of my turkey hunting buddies that a turkey was gobbling somewhere near us this morning. Gorgeous morning and I knew there was thunder in the air somewhere!

Yoder409

We're headed into a bunch of rain days and back to the cold again.   So I imagine it'll be a while before I get to hear it again...........
PA elitist since 1979

adkmountainken

New York here to, saw 5 long beards yesterday not gobbling but love to see those ropes swing!

Gamblinman

Quote from: WW on February 21, 2018, 03:49:07 PM
Quote from: Gamblinman on February 21, 2018, 08:09:05 AM

Where in Texas are you Gamblinman? I hunted about an hour from San Angelo a couple years ago.

I hunt South TX out of Pawnee, 60 miles SSE of San Antonio.
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

Yoder409

Quote from: WW on February 21, 2018, 03:49:07 PM

Small world

I've hunted Irion County a couple times............about an hour from.San Angelo
PA elitist since 1979

Sir-diealot

Quote from: quavers59 on February 22, 2018, 03:41:02 AM
Sir-Diealot-- I am from Monroe in Orange County--52 miles North of NYC.
I have been not to far from you, my grandfather and uncle lived in Forest City PA before my grandfather died and my uncle lived in Carbondale PA for a bit before he died. Last time I was in NYC I got stabbed in the leg.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."