OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Bought me a wheel barrow inner tube for this spring...

Started by northms, February 20, 2018, 07:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northms

At the recommendation of a few other members to use as a seat in the field. It was $10 at Lowe's and feels indestructible. Hopefully it will be comfortable for long sits.

Anyone else use this weird tool?

aclawrence

Never heard of doing that before. Got any pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

northms

Don't have any pics but it's literally a black rubber tube that I inflated to my preference. I went to Lowe's and looked at different sizes before selecting one. They were all the same other than size.

It feels comfortable to me testing it. Time will tell.

Happy

And a bonus feature is you have a floatation device in case you would happen to fall in to a creek or pond in the dark. Brilliant!

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Double B

Makes a big difference to me, I got a small tube that fits in the vest seat cushion, along w a closed cell pad.  I run it about half inflated.
Followed by buzzards

Bottomland

Breedlove supreme air cushion is what I use.  all it is a inner tube inside a case with a carrying strap on it.  been using it for years. best cushion I've ever used.

http://www.breedlovesaircushions.com/products/

chbarnha

might need to cover it.... make it where aint a hole in the center. hate to get a hemmorhoid!!!!

Shoot em in the pecker.... you know the beak

sixbird

I have one in a vest that I use. You'll be able to sit all day, trust me...
The issue with it being "bare" is that it'll squeak when you move. Best way is to cover it with something, a dedicated cover or just something to keep it quiet.
You'll never go back to a foam seat...
Oh, and you'll do well to get a patch kit (you can get them in any auto store or box store). They do get briars in them occasionally...

Rapscallion Vermilion

Quote from: sixbird on February 20, 2018, 09:56:02 PM
Best way is to cover it with something, a dedicated cover or just something to keep it quiet.
Make it a bottom-lander and you could sell a ton of them.

aclawrence

So i assume you have to air it up with a tire chuck and compressor?  This is interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCbowjunkie

Just make sure the valve stem is pointed down before sitting

northms

I just aired it up with a little manual push bike pump. Took 1 minute tops.

southern_leo

Quote from: NCbowjunkie on February 20, 2018, 10:44:05 PM
Just make sure the valve stem is pointed down before sitting
That would wake a man up quicker than black coffee

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

CtRider

Yep. We do the same. Also helps keep your butt dry if it rained the night before. I have mine without a cover and never had the squeaking problem. I have it attached to a carabiner by a little strap

FullChoke

I made a case for mine from camo, sewed a small hole in the case to reinflate the tube as needed and attached belt loops. I have not gotten a puncture in the tube since I made it 22 years ago. When I am moving, I just flip it up under the back of my vest and it stays there.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.