OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 3532 times)

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
Introductions
« on: February 19, 2018, 10:05:06 AM »
For the most part we have all of last years team back. We do have one new member and its also been awhile so I thought reintroducing ourselves wouldn't be a bad idea.

Also because of the new rules requiring everyone to post their own pictures this would be a good time to figure that out, so please post a picture. I'll post up a tutorial soon for anyone having troubles without photobucket.

My names Justin. I live in Western Maryland. I will be 30 April 7th. This will be my 14th spring chasing birds. Hoping to get my 5 year old a bird this year but we will see if hes ready. Worst case he will spend some more time with me in the woods.

This was a bird I killed last year. It was a fantastic hunt on state land. Might as well call this private land because its so hard to get back to. Long story short I got a hen fired up. Once she got hot I poured it to her cutting and yelping hard and she was giving it right back. I didn't immediately know if she had a gobbler with her but with all the calling going on he finally let out a gobble. After probably 10 minutes of tearing into each other I could tell she was within 30 yards, there was a thicket between us so I couldn't see her and she couldn't see me. Once I could tell she was getting close I shut up. Then, here she come cutting and yelping. She walked within 5 yards of me. At this point she's so mad she can't see where I am she flies up into a tree. She lands on a limb 2' behind me and about 8' up and she's still pouring it on. I had a small pop up blind in front of me that probably saved the hunt. At this point I'm getting ready for this long beard to pop up at 10 yards where she did while thinking at the same time at any second she could let out an alarm putt and this games over. Thankfully he walks out on the trail at 32 yards and that was all I needed. Good bird 11 1/8" beard 1 1/8" spurs and weighed 23lbs 5oz.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 10:58:01 AM by Gobble! »

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 05:46:19 PM »
Name is Nick. I am originally from Wv but now reside in Md. Have three wives and a kid or something like that. Been obsessed with turkeys since I was a small boy. Been working at the same place since 99. Bout to turn 37. Attached is a pic of my public land double from last year. Guess I need to get my banner back up and get ready for season.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline spurman

• In Memorial
  • Double Beard
  • LM NRA. DAV, KYANG
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 07:14:42 PM »
I'm Bill, my wife and I live in West Kentucky. Been a Widow Maker since the second year the team was formed.

Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline jarbo03

• The Boss Gobbler
  • FEAR THE BEARD!!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 12:11:35 PM »
Jerry and I'm from NE Kansas, returning for my 2nd year with the team.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline Roughneck

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 02:56:40 PM »
What's up everybody  I'm neal Impson I'm 38 an looking forward to another year on the team this pic here here was taken this past weekend in south Texas was the last weekend of there fall hunt as they call it but birds were gobbling like crazy down there an responding to calling real good.

Offline Gobble!

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • Raptor Killer
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 04:02:06 PM »
What's up everybody  I'm neal Impson I'm 38 an looking forward to another year on the team this pic here here was taken this past weekend in south Texas was the last weekend of there fall hunt as they call it but birds were gobbling like crazy down there an responding to calling real good.

Awesome! Never heard of this. Was this your first time doing their fall hunt? If the birds are responsive every year around this time there, seems like its a turkey season even before Florida's!

Offline BluMtnGobbler

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 07:50:18 PM »
HI GUYS I'M BRIAN VANDERGRIFT I LIVE IN PA. HEY NEAL HOW ABOUT SHARING SOME OF THAT GOOD LUCK WITH US!!!!! WAT TO GO MAN
BRIAN

Offline Roughneck

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 08:06:02 PM »
Yea was my first time never have had time to go an finally had chance it was awesome birds going nuts couldn't believe it

Offline lmbhngr

• Longbeard
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 08:34:30 PM »
I'm in. Second year.on widow makers. This year I promise I'll follow the posting rules. Good luck everyone!

Offline Happy

• Limbhanger
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 09:22:51 PM »
Congrats on the birds roughneck. Looks like you made out pretty good.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Offline West Augusta

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • West By God Virginia
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 08:48:14 PM »
I'm Steve and a charter member of the Widow Makers from West Virginia.
Welcome brothers and good luck.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 08:59:58 PM by West Augusta »
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

Offline Charley B

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2018, 06:14:01 PM »
Hi, I’m from Québec, Canada. I hunt in Quebec and Ontario. Went many times too in the USA to hunt and accomplish a grand slam. I made great friends on this forum.  I’m happy to be on the team, it’s been a while that I’m on the Widow Makers.
Good season to everyone!  Have fun and be safe.
Charley

Offline 18javelin

Introductions
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2018, 12:54:12 PM »
This was Sat in KY rained all day and 3 jakes walked in. We decided with 2 tags to take the double.

Offline 18javelin

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 01:02:34 PM »
Edited the above post to add a pic and everything else disappeared. My name is Jake I'm from southern Indiana. Wife hunts and my daughter starts her first season this weekend at 9 years old. I've been waiting for this to come for a LOOONG time.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk