OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Tight lipped in East TN

Started by Tom Foolery, April 17, 2011, 06:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Foolery

You TN guys been hearing anything?  I am in East TN right on the KY line and it has been silent.  One gobble and then nothing the rest of the day.

Anyone else seeing the same thing?

turkey_slayer

Im just across the line from you in Va and its been rough here.  Called 1 in for a buddy and I missed 1 friday after another buddy was suppose to have shot him at 25 yards but the dummy pulled the trigger and flinched bad cause the safety was on  :TooFunny: I rushed my shot and missed at 31 yards.  Seeing a lot of gobblers but all have been with hens and pretty much all gobbling is done once they hit the ground if they even gobble at all.  It will only get better  :icon_thumright:

unclerick

Yeah here in Mid Tenn it is extremely quite, birds have even quit gobbling on the roost, haven't heard but 2 gobbles on the ground and that was from the first hit then nothing.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

cannonball

I didn't hear one gobble today. I should have had one yesterday, but couldn't get on him in time before he got too far out.

harvester

heard 2 this morning, one gobbled great and the other only 1 time. Henned up.

Tom Foolery

The rest of the guys around here are hearing zip too.  You guys rekon it is hens?

pitch black

heard nothing this morning also, very quiet

jtg88

I'm a little farther east than you in Johnson City, TN.  Yesterday I heard zero birds on the roost and finally got one to gobble at 8:25.  He was forever silenced at 8:58  :you_rock:

cannonball

They should be a little easier to hunt as the season goes on and the hens are nesting. Hang in there and good luck to all.

pullit

real quite here too. I heard one gobble two times last Tuesday afternoon a long ways off but I was able to give him a free ride in the bed of my truck. I have not heard one sense.

Trevor2

same here.... They are starting to hit the fields more now though
Strutstopper

S.C.C

I'm positive we have a real bad coyote problem in TN and that has been the problem with the birds
being shutmouthed....We all need to start huntin and killing these yotes before they get way out of hand,but I think they already are!!KILL EVERY ONE YOU SEE!!!!! :angry9:

Tom Foolery

SCC, I never pass on a chance at a 'yote.  They are shoot on sight as far as I'm concerned.  Deer season, turkey season, whatever.  I hunt'em hard where I am too.

cannonball

Quote from: Tom Foolery on April 19, 2011, 11:02:02 AM
SCC, I never pass on a chance at a 'yote.  They are shoot on sight as far as I'm concerned.  Deer season, turkey season, whatever.  I hunt'em hard where I am too.

Same here :agreed:

wbpc

I hope they start gobbling soon up there, because I am headed just North of you in Kentucky next week.