turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3D Leafy Suit

Started by 1tiogabowhunter, February 17, 2018, 08:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1tiogabowhunter

Looking to get a new 3D leafy suit any recommendations? 

snapper1982

Sixes

Gooserbat

ASAT is very good.  I use an All Predator Calls Kill Suit
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

treein dixie

Quote from: Sixes on February 17, 2018, 09:04:55 PM
Another vote for ASAT

Looks to me their is a lot of tan in this suit, am I missing one not hunting out west where its all brown grass?

Sixes

Quote from: treein dixie on February 18, 2018, 10:52:33 AM
Quote from: Sixes on February 17, 2018, 09:04:55 PM
Another vote for ASAT

Looks to me their is a lot of tan in this suit, am I missing one not hunting out west where its all brown grass?

I hunt in Georgia in areas that start greening up by opening day. I've never had an issue wearing the ASAT. It's almost like everything looks through you. I use it in the spring and fall while bowhunting. I have some First Lite gear and that's the pattern that I chose for it also.

It is not the "coolest looking" camo but it dang sure works.

treein dixie

anybody use fusion over ASAT?

reynolds243

Quote from: treein dixie on February 20, 2018, 12:30:55 PM

I do. All my gear is in fusion and personally i find it to fit very very well in my area (TN). Personally I gave never liked Asat unless you live in rocky areas with low brush. I've never felt it really blends great in the SE. just my personally opinion seeing it out in the woods from distances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davisd9

Bought a Cabela's leafy pull over a couple years ago on clearance for like 20 bucks.  Liked it a lot and got a back up.  Has been a good one!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

treein dixie

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 20, 2018, 01:54:54 PM
Quote from: treein dixie on February 20, 2018, 12:30:55 PM

I do. All my gear is in fusion and personally i find it to fit very very well in my area (TN). Personally I gave never liked Asat unless you live in rocky areas with low brush. I've never felt it really blends great in the SE. just my personally opinion seeing it out in the woods from distances

Kinda what I was thinking as well for the NC area!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gumby

I was skeptical about the ASAT until I saw what it looked like in the woods. A buddy of mine has it and he literally disappears. This is in Arkansas woods

bbcoach

No offense guys but seriously a ASAT leafy suit that runs $100 to $150.  If you really need one E-bay has them for $20-$25.

guesswho

If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

snapper1982

Quote from: bbcoach on February 20, 2018, 05:27:07 PM
No offense guys but seriously a ASAT leafy suit that runs $100 to $150.  If you really need one E-bay has them for $20-$25.

Do you want to be invisible or look like a dark blob? If you are ok with being a blob then just buy cheap brown pants and shirts.