OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Turkey sounds CD

Started by troutfisher13111, February 17, 2018, 09:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfisher13111

Hello. I'm looking for a good CD that has a lot of turkey talk. I already have the Lovett Williams set, but I want something that has a lot less talking. Mike Battey's is hard to find, so that's out. Anyone have any experience with the ones done for the NWTF judges by Brad Taylor?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Happy

Treetop turkeys? If so yes I have it. It's ok. He does some talking but it is all before or after a sequence. I would give it a 7.5 or 8 out of 10.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

bbcoach

Quote from: Happy on February 17, 2018, 09:30:20 AM
Treetop turkeys? If so yes I have it. It's ok. He does some talking but it is all before or after a sequence. I would give it a 7.5 or 8 out of 10.
X2.  When I started hunting about 10 years ago, I bought the set and would listen to them and practice with my mouth calls where I drove.  Really learned from listening and practicing to each set of sounds.  As Happy stated, there is very little human talking.  Just some intro to each segment and then 10-15 minutes of nothing but Turkey talk.  IMO Great audio of Turkey Talk.

LaLongbeard

Tree top turkeys is ok but I preferred the Lovett Williams cds just fast forward thru the talking lol.
If you make everything easy how do you know when your good at anything?

smalls

Quote from: Phillipshunt on February 17, 2018, 11:26:59 AM
Tree top turkeys is ok but I preferred the Lovett Williams cds just fast forward thru the talking lol.
x1000.

Lovett Williams CDs are great.  I had actually copied them all from the CD to my computer, and downloaded them to my phone.  Would listen to them when I flew a lot for work.  Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

HFultzjr

Don't forget Youtube.
Lots of videos with real birds talking.
:gobble:

North of 8

MIKE BATTEY HAS THE BEST BY FAR