OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Karma Call Beginnings!

Started by guesswho, February 16, 2018, 10:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

After reading that sevetts recently had surgery and is layed up, I thought he might enjoy this.  Here's a brief story on a call more expensive than the $200 Cody call I heard about.   It started with me taking an extreme over the left shoulder and back shot.  The result was a dead turkey, broke nose and stitches.  Me not being the shy type shared the photos with some of my "friends" ;D  Well I tool a lot of flack for that little incident.  And the next thing I know the mailman brings me a customized call.  Here is the beginning of the Karma series.

As soon as I saw what it was I knew what I had to do.  So I rounded up some pictures of the friends who chipped in on it along with some turkey feathers, some gobbler bones and my fan-net.  Then I headed down to the bayou, built a fire, got naked, danced around and conjured up a curse for each of my friends.  And please, no requests for the pictures of me dancing naked in the bayou wearing only my fan-net.  I also warned them of what I had done.  The next several months was very entertaining, at least for me.  Here they are in order of membership entry into the Karma call series.  Each of them are now proud owners of a Karma call.  Some of you may recognize a couple of them.
Dave:

Followed closely by Steve:

Followed closely by Tom:

Followed by anonymous, because he's a little embarrassed by shooting himself in the foot I won't reveal his real name.  After this incident I went back to the bayou and called of the curse, it was getting stronger and I was afraid what might happen next, and after all I had proven my point.

These calls cost a lot more than the $200 Cody.  So, anybody want to come hunt with me?  Gobblenut? :TooFunny:
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Tail Feathers

I'm too skeert to get one of those calls! :z-dizzy:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

crow

Another great post  ;D

Is it possible to get a sound file before committing to going hunting?

Happy

That's funny stuff. I think a football helmet and metatarsal boots would be standard equipment hunting with you. Instead of what's in your vest threads it would be what personal protective gear do you wear.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

EZ

guesswho

Quote from: Happy on February 16, 2018, 11:09:56 AM
That's funny stuff. I think a football helmet and metatarsal boots would be standard equipment hunting with you. Instead of what's in your vest threads it would be what personal protective gear do you wear.
An athletic cup is a good option.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Greg Massey

I think you need to start wearing your underwear and hat backwards... that way people want know which direction your coming ... :TooFunny:

RutnNStrutn

Ronnie, you'd best head back down to the bayou and dance nekkid around that fire again!! I'm on that first Karma Kall that you got, and not only have I not earned my kall yet, but I'd love to hunt with you 'cause I ain't skeered!!! ;) ;D :funnyturkey: :lol:

guesswho

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on February 16, 2018, 11:52:42 AM
Ronnie, you'd best head back down to the bayou and dance nekkid around that fire again!! I'm on that first Karma Kall that you got, and not only have I not earned my kall yet, but I'd love to hunt with you 'cause I ain't skeered!!! ;) ;D :funnyturkey: :lol:
I called it off after someone shot themselves in the foot, with tss of all things.  By the way, do you know before that foot incident someone on the curse list fell out of a tree stand and was seriously injured, broke back, ribs, punctured lung etc.  They're ok now but it could have really ended bad.  I was afraid the next incident might result in someone being seriously killed or even worse, permanent death.

Steve's been cursed twice.  Ask him about Chief Gobbling Turkeys rock! :TooFunny:
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

Happy

Sooo..... does tss hit harder than lead?

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

guesswho

Quote from: Happy on February 16, 2018, 12:34:28 PM
Sooo..... does tss hit harder than lead?
What gets me is not all of the pellets went all the way through. :TooFunny:
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

sevetts

If you want to send me an autographed copy of your 11th legion I will pay the shipping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Massey

Okkk, guys i was cleaning house, vacuuming , cleaning toilets and washing dishes...have i miss anything important... See i still have the wife working...  From what i understand TSS is good for a sore throat and good butt whipping....  :OGani:

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: guesswho on February 16, 2018, 12:05:50 PM
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on February 16, 2018, 11:52:42 AM
By the way, do you know before that foot incident someone on the curse list fell out of a tree stand and was seriously injured, broke back, ribs, punctured lung etc.  They're ok now but it could have really ended bad.
Steve's been cursed twice.  Ask him about Chief Gobbling Turkeys rock! :TooFunny:
Actually yes, I keep in touch with Ryan regularly since the old days, and was aware of that. I'm glad he's OK, definitely could have been game over.
I'll have to ask Steve about that next time I talk to him.  :lol:

SinGin

Remember the days when turkey hunting was supposed to be fun? Some of y'all take it to the next level :newmascot: