turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Special Request (Secrets)

Started by guesswho, February 15, 2018, 12:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guesswho

We have had a series of useless threads recently and I had a special request via pm today to share some of my secrets.  So I figured why not share something useful.  I know this will hurt local populations but some things need to be shared.   For those who don't know me, I'm fairly successful in the turkey woods and an inventor.  I killed one in 1968, 74, 83, 93, 94, 2007 and 2015.  The following are some equipment that has helped me be as successful as I have been over the years.

First is a decoy I designed, field tested and distributed.  It's the Badonkadeke.  It should only be used when you feel like carrying a long beard out of the woods.  It comes with interchangeble heads and tails.  So It can be used as a hen, gobbler or even a strutter.

My next invention was The String.  Turkeys can't resist coming in on it.  and when combined with my other invention The Keys To Success its a cant miss combo.  These are also commercially available "sometimes".  You can see both tools in the picture.

Another invention that really helped as I got older and my eyes started to fade, is my Gobbler Seeking Glasses.  These allow you to see turkeys appear from somewhere instead of nowhere.  Gives me the extra 30 minutes or so to get my gun up and ready.  In this picture you can see I'm all decked out and ready for a successful hunt.  Pictured are the Gobbler Seeking Glasses, The String connected to The Keys To Success along with my Mark Sharpe Wingbone and MKW Trumpet.  You combine all of these at the same time along with Badonkadeke and the only problem you will have is picking out which gobbler to shoot.  But the government makes me issue a warning anytime I share these secrets.  If your not the only person using these tools in your area, your turkey population will be decimated.

And as you can see from the N"WTF"'s turkey population map, these are extremely effective tools.  It took them several years to figure out what was happening around the Phenix City/Columbus Georgia area.  Populations plummeted when I started using these tools.  I have since started using them in moderation. 

And please carry enough shells to kill all the turkeys in your area.  If you don't, this can happen to you as well.  I can take on one or two gobblers bare handed, but 80-100 can do some serious damage once they get you down.  I hope this helps you have a successful and safe spring season.  And please, no more pm requests wanting to be a pro-staffer.  It is full and the waiting list is longer than most popular call makers lists.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

THattaway

Mr. Ronnie,
Thank you for this! All that is missing is the 5 gallon "bucket o' spurs trophy display".
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Haypatch

That's to funny!  thanks for sharing your secrets!!!

appalachianassassin

wish more folks had a good sence of humor. good stuff right there

sevetts

Well sir I just want to say thank you! I had an appendectomy 6 days ago and it feels like I have been on here every couple hours. I have been waiting for you to post this

davisd9

Dang, I need some of those Gobbler Seeking Glasses so maybe I will have a chance to get me a good bird this year.  Where do I send the check? 
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

the Ward

marshboy

KentuckyLB

That's funny stuff right there don't care who you are.. :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

guesswho

Quote from: THattaway on February 15, 2018, 12:41:52 PM
Mr. Ronnie,
Thank you for this! All that is missing is the 5 gallon "bucket o' spurs trophy display".
I'm here for ya!  You know I rarely show my display and necklace, but since you asked here's my spur display an my spur necklace

And I almost forgot this invention to replace the standard head-net.   It's called the fan-net.  I was fanning before fanning was cool.

And I forgot to mention something about Badonkadeke.  Hogs will attack and try to kill him.
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

crow

:TooFunny: some great inventions right there, very funny stuff.

have you ever gotten a bad headache while wearing the fan net?

guesswho

Quote from: crow on February 15, 2018, 02:26:14 PM
:TooFunny: some great inventions right there, very funny stuff.

have you ever gotten a bad headache while wearing the fan net?
No headaches yet, but my butt stings sometimes. ???
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Calls Prostaff

THattaway

This is the stuff of legends. Thank you again Ronnie.
"Turkeys ain't nothing but big quail son."-Dad

"The truth is that no one really gives a dam how many turkeys you kill."-T

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

daddyduke

Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Tail Feathers

:z-flirtysmile3:  I want a fan hat!!!!!

You sir, are a man among turkeys...er...a turkey among men...  You know what I mean! :happy0167:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!